si forks not fitting on si front control arms?

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so i bought this entire si subframe (sway bar, endlinks, control arms, bushings, steering rack) to replace a few things. i knew ahead of time he didn't have the si damper forks I needed, so i hunted some down. they came in today.....and they aren't wide enough. both parts in question look identical to the diagrams on majestic honda parts down to the minor details.

i took a few pics.....

both forks on either arm are exactly the same result.......so wtf??? i dont need to force them on there do i? i would really love if someone could post some pics of where the shock fork bolts to the control arm so i can compare it to the stuff i have and see if there are any differences.

thanks!

2000sicivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you get ones from an si or crv, the they are the only ones that will fit

reyscivic

5th gen owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think those are one's from a si eg that's why they don't fit.

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
did you get ones from an si or crv, the they are the only ones that will fit
oh sweet, didn't know crv ones would fit. and there's a guy parting one out near me :D

the guy i bought them from is very persistent that they are 2000 si shock forks, so i don't know.

anyway, bump for more suggestions (or if someone wants to sell me some ;) )

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the CRV forks do fit, REMEMEBER to take the fork bolt that connects to the lca.
When I did my sway bar swap. i wasnt able to use my old ones and had to constantly drive back to honda.

those forks he gave u arent Si. they dont look beefy enough.

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If the CRV forks do fit, REMEMEBER to take the fork bolt that connects to the lca.
When I did my sway bar swap. i wasnt able to use my old ones and had to constantly drive back to honda.

those forks he gave u arent Si. they dont look beefy enough.
yea i knew about the bolts too. makes sense since everything is wider and stronger. ok, well i asked the guy for a refund which he said was cool so we'll see. hopefully i can hunt down some forks i can check out myself soon. I WANT A MORE SOLID FRONT END DAMMIT :P

ChoNNe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya, those are not EM1 forks....when i did my swap they fit perfectly...

2000sicivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I paid 55 bux for a fork and bolt from honda for the right side, just pay the extra cash