Si front lip.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have a quesiton, why is the FG Si front lip optional? I think its bullshit.. If you are buying an Si shouldnt it come with accessories that others dont have? The EF, EG and EM1 came with OEM standard front lips.

Is this a cost saving issue or what? It pisses me off seeing Si's with no front lip.

savage_canadian

5+ Year Member
I agree, but fortunatly I i have a great relationship with my salesman and got a smoking deal on my whole lip kit. its who you know not what you know!

ryanM

probably because its a more dramatic upgrade and a lot of people actually prefer to NOT have the lip

A-2-B

Red+ Blue+ Flashing = Bad
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if thats the case then they should have it as a removable option just like the pin striping which cost as much as one of the peices to the lip kit

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the 09 si's come with fogs standard. they do come with a few different things. like the spoiler and whatnot. but i dont think they should come with the front lip. like what longgrain said theres more to it than the old ones

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think the si already comes with enough .
i mean think about it
we get

2.0 motor
6 speed trans.
sport interior.
red gauges.
spolier.
17"rims.
sportty exhaust.
upgraded suspension.
color matched front grill.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont forget slightly bigger brakes
better tires stock (but the still suck)

the suspension..eh the EX is actually lower than the si stock

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
probably because its a more dramatic upgrade and a lot of people actually prefer to NOT have the lip
You're right. Does it significantly lower the front end of the car to where itll scrape a lot more?
i think the si already comes with enough .
i mean think about it
we get

2.0 motor
6 speed trans.
sport interior.
red gauges.
spolier.
17"rims.
sportty exhaust.
upgraded suspension.
color matched front grill.
How much more is an Si?

Is the spoiler optional on EX's?

I hate seeing Si's on the road with no front lip. It looks just like an EX, if it wasnt for the rims.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
How much more is the lip? It shouldnt be that much.
If you are buying an Si you are asking for a dramatic upgrade from a EX.

ryanM

How much more is the lip? It shouldnt be that much.
If you are buying an Si you are asking for a dramatic upgrade from a EX.
yea but not a lot of people like the look of that lip

as apposed to the older generations where you could hardly tell it was there

08_NHBPsedaN

5+ Year Member
personally.... the HFP lip which would be your definition of the "optional equip" is a shitty lip. yes It makes the car look far more aggressive, however, everyone single person with an SI gets that same lip. why not get a different lip and make yourself unique? i mean not everything has to be upgraded. from ex to si we get the (in my opinion) very nice looking stock rims, short exhaust, si only wing, k20, 6spd lsd tranny, si interior, red gauges, sport pedals and shift knob and with 08s you get the type r looking shift boot. so i mean from 3k-6k more youre getting all that in which the engine alone is 6k....

granted, from the looks of things they have added quite a bit more for the 09s... so every new year comes with more advancements. if you want the newest to come stock on the car, keep buying the newest years lol

USCG Civic

5+ Year Member
you gotta pay for everything. nothing is free. people without the lip kits didn't wanna spend the extra money for something stupid.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
FYI, there is no such thing as a Si lip, only the HFP lip, which fits's all models coupe's or sedans, pending on whichever one you have!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
FYI, there is no such thing as a Si lip, only the HFP lip, which fits's all models coupe's or sedans, pending on whichever one you have!
Sorry! Haha Im a 6th gener, dont know much about 8th gen.
What exactly IS Honda Factory Performance? The Nismo of Honda? OEM Upgrade parts?
you gotta pay for everything. nothing is free. people without the lip kits didn't wanna spend the extra money for something stupid.
It came standard on the ED7 and EM1.
:what::what:
personally.... the HFP lip which would be your definition of the "optional equip" is a shitty lip. yes It makes the car look far more aggressive, however, everyone single person with an SI gets that same lip. why not get a different lip and make yourself unique? i mean not everything has to be upgraded. from ex to si we get the (in my opinion) very nice looking stock rims, short exhaust, si only wing, k20, 6spd lsd tranny, si interior, red gauges, sport pedals and shift knob and with 08s you get the type r looking shift boot. so i mean from 3k-6k more youre getting all that in which the engine alone is 6k....

granted, from the looks of things they have added quite a bit more for the 09s... so every new year comes with more advancements. if you want the newest to come stock on the car, keep buying the newest years lol
Its a nice clean and simple lip.

I am NOT talking s**t on the Si, I just think it should come with a front lip to separate it a bit more from other model Civics.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Yeah HFP is sorta like nismo, just not as good stuff offered, honda is slowly bring out more products though, and yes i agree that the Si should have a defferent lip so it can be set apart from the other civic's a little more.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 7th gen Si didn't have a lip stock either