Si Grille for an EX

tama05

5+ Year Member
I have a quick question, will a 99 Si Grille fit on a 98 EX. I know they're the same gen civic so i figured it would work just wanted to make sure. Si Grille is a lot cheaper than a Type R and practically the same look so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no sir , it wont fit, it will only fit 99-00 civics, 96-98 have a differnt smaller grill

isubliminall

5+ Year Member
lookup the DIY grille. its cheaper and looks good. you buy expandable sheet metal at home depot, and install yourself.

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Or just buy an ebay grille for $15.

tama05

5+ Year Member
I have the DIY grille now and its ok, I just want something thats better quality to fit in, or maybe an oem grille not sure though....any suggestions besides ebay on where to find type r or si grilles because I don't trust ebay.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have the DIY grille now and its ok, I just want something thats better quality to fit in, or maybe an oem grille not sure though....any suggestions besides ebay on where to find type r or si grilles because I don't trust ebay.
A lot of sites sell OEM Grills, look up JDM parts and shop around for good pricing. And Ebay sometimes has good prices on em. I didn't know what you meant by you not trusting Ebay but Ebay has purchase protection and will refund you in full. Or did you mean you didn't trust fake Ebay grills.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
99 will not fit da 98. save your doe, your diy should be fine. as long as it looks good, it doesnt matter. consider it a custom job. save your money and spend it elsewhere.