HX or SI rims

• HX Rims

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • SI Rims

Votes: 38 63.3%

• Total voters

legend1011

Banned
I have an HX with the HX rims and I'm debating on swapping them or selling them in order to get some SI rims for my civic. They looks a little better IMO, but I like rims with bigger "spokes" compared to the skinnier ones on the HX. I guess the question is, am I out of my mind? Maybe if I painted them black I would enjoy them more. Hmmm, we'll see. I will start pricing them on Ebay, but I know anything SI is expensive

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i voted SI. i dont like hx rims unless there on an eg.

iCivic

EJ8 in the making...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
si rims cuz the hx's are 14's, only reason i never considered touching them

trunkmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lowered civic with hx wheels r tite i really dont like the si big and heavier than hx u should paint your hx tell'll look so much better i have mine on vx's currently cus no mola but its alright cus its low enough that the wheel wells dont show.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hxs painted look hot....i got some for my 00 coupe...and i am painting them gold when i lower it next week.

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id go for SI rims...bigger is better hehe

legend1011

Banned
:what: I like the fact that HX are wider (helps with gas mileage?:oops: ). I'm sure that this has been covered 100,000 times on here, but all black? or all black with polished lip? Considering the fact that my coupe is black with dark tint, black might look good:hitit:

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
legend1011 said:
:what: I like the fact that HX are wider (helps with gas mileage?:oops: ). I'm sure that this has been covered 100,000 times on here, but all black? or all black with polished lip? Considering the fact that my coupe is black with dark tint, black might look good:hitit:
thats the good think about hx's.....you can have new wheels everytime you want by painting them another color. i am painting my hx's gold to begin with...then i am going black with small red trim

black on black looks good like makes the car look fast....black with gold gives it a more clean/nice look.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Si's for sure, they're just hard to find so expect to pay some decent money.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jbuck2KCivic said:
Si's for sure, they're just hard to find so expect to pay some decent money.
si's in chicago are on every corner....a bit pricey though..300-350