Si vs GSR Swap?

Quebec_Civic

JDM? Is that A Brand?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think its just the the crossover is smoother so you dont hear it. it does not really make a difference.
^^^doesn't it have to do with the throttle body as well!?

ive heard some GSR vtec crossover's that are pretty Hard And them Some that aren't.. i dunno

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

ive heard some GSR vtec crossover's that are pretty Hard And them Some that aren't.. i dunno
it does. The throttle body makes a big difference IMO.

aaron99ex

5+ Year Member
i would go with a gsr but i love the Si's cluster. i can wait a little longer and save enough for a B16B-R.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

It is not the vtec crossover most people hear, it is the Iab's opening up at 5700 rpms. Vtec engages at 4400 and it really doesn't pull much harder when it does engage, but the IABs opening up makes it a lot better, The manifold is complete gayness. If you had a gsr head, then get an AEBS manifold.

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It is not the vtec crossover most people hear, it is the Iab's opening up at 5700 rpms. Vtec engages at 4400 and it really doesn't pull much harder when it does engage, but the IABs opening up makes it a lot better, The manifold is complete gayness. If you had a gsr head, then get an AEBS manifold.
i though the b16 head was the type r head ported? i could be wrong and the gsr had a different port set up than the b16 which is why the b16 has better air flow

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i though the b16 head was the type r head ported? i could be wrong and the gsr had a different port set up than the b16 which is why the b16 has better air flow
yes, but the gsr manifold sucks, that doesn't have anything to do w/ vtec engagement .

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would go with a gsr but i love the Si's cluster. i can wait a little longer and save enough for a B16B-R.
pointless IMO.... b16b is over rated and over priced...