Sidemarkers In Japan

speeddemon

Boost is Better
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok lets finnaly get to the bottom of this I have not got a straight answer from anyone its always 50/50.So in Japan are sidemarkers only used as blinkers and not running lights or are they used as both. Everyone wires them as running lights while there lights are one but I heard this is the wrong way and vise versa. So I was hoping we could get to the bottom of this. And this would include the ,DA,EF,EG,EK,DC2,DC5

ben

excommunicated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd say blinkers. they aren't running lights. Americans wire them up as runnings lights.

D16sokdo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there used for blinkers.. but most ppl wire them up to running lights too cause they want to show off the jdm

speeddemon

Boost is Better
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok thanks guys I was pretty sure that they were only blinkers. Thats how I wired mine up but everytime I seen a car that had them they were running lights and just made me wonder but im glad to know the laughs on them.

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blinkers click click click click click click click click click

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id probably still wire them to run with the lights/parking lights.. just looks neat to me.. so what if its not jdm..

D16sokdo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its all good man like i down for the jdm but either way they still look hot on our cars thase my 2 cents

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any stock car w/oem side markers in japan or europe are wired as blinkers=fact

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no way to wire them up woth ways? always on while running lights arew on but when blinking it flashes?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BBProductions said:
no way to wire them up woth ways? always on while running lights arew on but when blinking it flashes?
sure you can wire them however you want... but the correct way is only on when blinking.. ;)

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
sure you can wire them however you want... but the correct way is only on when blinking.. ;)
i think that already established

u can def. wire them up to work the same as your corner lights.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
x007den said:
i think that already established

u can def. wire them up to work the same as your corner lights.
they may blink wrong if you wire them always on and blink...

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
they may blink wrong if you wire them always on and blink...
yeah, i just thought about that right now too. probably be a bit more involved but nothing impossible.

ComCool

Muhahaha...
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only blinkers! The Civic's here in Denmark come as close to JDM versions as you get. They are born with sidemarkers, and they are only used as blinkers. =)

speeddemon

Boost is Better
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im pretty sure that the only cars that come with sidemarkers that are used as running lights are German cars. Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn, your avatar is raping that Nissan logo...