Sideskirt problem

DEFIANT

1OO% PINOY
5+ Year Member
Well I was on my way replacing my passenger fender... got thetop bolts out and figured out that I need to remove my side skirt to get the other 2 bolts out at the bottom of the fender... now, the thing is that I cant seem to remove my sideskirts, there are few plastic things at the bottom securing the skirt... now my question is that do I need to pry those plastic things? or is like a screw like plastic? if so... I tried turning them using a screw driver but it wont come out....
help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Ej6buddy

5+ Year Member
All you do, is hold the base of the plastic screw head, then unscrew them about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way out. Then pop the screw retainers out of the hole. Then remove the screws attaching the side skirt to the front fender liner. That way, all you have to do is grab the whole side skirt, and slide it to the front of the vehicle until it pops off the sliding locks on the frame. When you reinstall the side skirts, make sure all the white sliders are lined up correctly.

DEFIANT

1OO% PINOY
5+ Year Member
I tried unscrewing the plastic thing but doesnt do a thing... it just keep on turning :(

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sideskirt clips on the bottom often get eaten up pretty badly by the elements. I would suggest you purchase some replacements before you even remove them.

Autozone sells a clip puller that works pretty well. It looks like a tiny pry bar with a U or V shaped end.

You might want to pry one of the clips out before you find a suitable replacement clip. Autozone sells clips too, but you will have to match it up with the best one you think will work.