Siezed Brake Questions, Vacuum Line Issue?

itsme

ok, 98 civic ex sedan. just bought it a month ago, noticed brakes were soft, so went to replace front pads. i noticed the piston wouldnt compress far enough to put new pads on, with caliper unbolter, i when and pushed the brakes to see if the piston would move, and it did not. so its siezed up, same with drivers side. new pads woint fit as piston wont compress enough. i did have the fluid resevoir cap off also. one thing i noticed, is that rpms drop when car is in neutral and brake is on, and when you shut the car off, i can hear a whistel, like vacuum line hole coming from brake booster area. would a vacuum leak cause fron calipers to not function properly? i hit the piston with some brake clean, greated the two 12mm bolts trying to ensure everything was good to go, but still nothing. any help would rock, vacuum diagram would be cool, anything really before i end up buying new calipers. thanks a lot in advance.

RonJ

Banned
If you open the caliper bleed screw, does brake fluid freely flow out from them when you press the brake pedal?

itsme

that i havent tried yet. the right caliper went in a half inch maybe, and i noticed a little more fluid in the resevoir. ok, so when i try the bleed screw, if fluid comes out or doesnt come out what does it mean so i know the next step

RonJ

Banned
that i havent tried yet. the right caliper went in a half inch maybe, and i noticed a little more fluid in the resevoir. ok, so when i try the bleed screw, if fluid comes out or doesnt come out what does it mean so i know the next step
If no fluid comes out, then there's an obstruction inside the caliper or in the brake line serving that caliper.

Does your car have ABS?

itsme

because im not lol. i bought the civic to daily drive while i work on my srt4, and havent even driven it yet, was in process of tuneup, plugs/wires/ oil/transmission/brakes, and then noticed the issue at hand

itsme

ok, it has abs, i found a pic where i had the key on but not started so all the dash lights were light up on the cluster and you can see ABS on bottom right, lite up in yellow

RonJ

Banned
Pics still needed to see whether ABS is disabled.

Post pictures of the engine bay, especially the passenger side over the transmission where the ABS control module would be located.
ok, it has abs, i found a pic where i had the key on but not started so all the dash lights were light up on the cluster and you can see ABS on bottom right, lite up in yellow

itsme

ahh, well that pic i dont have on my phone and im at work, the ABS isnt on when the car is running or anything if that helps lol.

itsme

i will do, i really appreciate your help man, ill update this with what i figure out tomorrow