Sir gauges cluster

ALEXSAN

5+ Year Member
i want change my si gauges cluster by a Sir EG6 gauges cluster.. modifications ?
Mi Si gauges cluster

The SiR gauges cluster

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so do it.... whats the problem?

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no modifications. just plug it in.

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
lol i was waiting for a questions as well.

Its a direct swap buddy. but apparently there is 2 less connectors on the jdm SiR cluster than the stock Si one. The stock Si one has two big grey ones on either side, a yellow one, and a green one (both are centered and near the bottom).

Apparently the SiR only uses the two big grey ones and removes the need for the yellow and green connectors.

A friend of mine recently did the conversion and told me, and said now his dimmer doesnt work for his cluster, only the other stuff.

So im guessing one of the connectors is for the dimmer. the other one im not sure (maybe SRS since they always do everything with yellow, but i dont see why that wud b going to the cluster for just one light)

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i was waiting for a questions as well.

Its a direct swap buddy. but apparently there is 2 less connectors on the jdm SiR cluster than the stock Si one. The stock Si one has two big grey ones on either side, a yellow one, and a green one (both are centered and near the bottom).

Apparently the SiR only uses the two big grey ones and removes the need for the yellow and green connectors.

A friend of mine recently did the conversion and told me, and said now his dimmer doesnt work for his cluster, only the other stuff.

So im guessing one of the connectors is for the dimmer. the other one im not sure (maybe SRS since they always do everything with yellow, but i dont see why that wud b going to the cluster for just one light)
plugs are the same, dimmer is not supposed to work on the cluster, just heater control buttons and rear defrost.