10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eh Newb Q...whats a skid plate.

chameleon30038

Inquisitive
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
something they put under cars/trucks so that if it scraps it does damage the other stuff like cat and header. especially lowered vechiles or trucks that do rock climbing

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm ok...

JCV2000

Dirty South Side
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:wtf:
Are you rockcrawling in your civic? :laugh:
I havent heard anything about people breaking their header, thing youll scrape is your muffler prob.

kellog

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only thing u will ding up most likly is your headder, long as you car isnt having a hard time driving through streets, your fine.

exoin

STi Driver
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I scrape like a mother. My stock header cracked because of it and all my piping is all scrached like crazy now.

scottyfordy

Mopar Muscle
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Perhaps if people didn't lower their Honda's thinking it's going to handle more like a Porsche you wouldn't be scrapping the bottom of your cars.

I mean, if you want a Skid Plate go ahead.

chameleon30038

Inquisitive
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so....scottyfordy ...you don't think lowering it makes a difference? Cause if thats the case your hella wrong.

Thatechnician

5+ Year Member
Theres a reason why formula one cars are completely flat under the car, same goes with corvettes and other exotics. Less turbulence under the car will help to lower your ET times. Not by much, but every fraction of a second counts. Aerodynamics can play a big role.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why bring a thread from 2003 back to life? i see its ur first post

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Holy old thread batman....

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
talking about bringing back the dead here lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How the hell do people find these old ass threads? dayumm

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
he probably did the rite thing and searched instead of making a new thread. but yes they do make universal skid plates that attach to your header or down pipe but if you hit hard enough you can snap the header bolts on the engine so its a trade off.

stateofjustin

Yes, they do make skid plate kits for the Civic. They are at 'd**k Cepek' right next the the raising blocks, heavy duty leaf springs, and side step-ladders. Most guys don't add the skid plates until they install Honda's optional double Dana locker 4x4 kit though.

Jesus... if your car is that low either tow it to the track, or raise it up some if you plan on driving on real pavement.