Skunk 2 Coilovers

CIVICEXJMS

5+ Year Member
Hey i was thinking about buying these, but wanted to get some opinions. And where i live roads are shitty so i only wanna lower it like a 1" or 1.5". Would these give me a decent ride? Ill lower it more when i move.
i got a 2000 civic ex

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
Hey i was thinking about buying these, but wanted to get some opinions. And where i live roads are shitty so i only wanna lower it like a 1" or 1.5". Would these give me a decent ride? Ill lower it more when i move.
i got a 2000 civic ex

they shoudld be coilover sleeves. just dont mate them with stock shocks. youll pay for it in the log run and you wont be happy. tokico shocks are affordable and handle a lowered car well. i have skunk2 pro "s" series coil overs on my 97 civic and i like the ride. its a solid ride. ive never been disappointed with skunk2 products.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The Skunk2 springs are pretty stiff, they won't work well with stock shocks or even some aftermarket shocks. If you're only looking for a 1.5" drop I'd suggest just getting springs. Eibach Sportline, H&R sports, and Tokico springs all get around a 1.5" drop and offer a pretty smooth ride. I'd highly suggest getting aftermarket shocks while you're at it. Koni STR.T and Eibach Prodamper would work well with those springs. You can get any of those spring/shock combos for under $500 shipped.

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
I have s2 sleeves on my accord and I really don't like them. They are really stiff. I have adjustable shocks and they don't help much. I suggest you keep looking. I am probably gonna get full coilovers for my em1.

BonyCatfish

The Skunk2 springs are pretty stiff, they won't work well with stock shocks or even some aftermarket shocks. If you're only looking for a 1.5" drop I'd suggest just getting springs. Eibach Sportline, H&R sports, and Tokico springs all get around a 1.5" drop and offer a pretty smooth ride. I'd highly suggest getting aftermarket shocks while you're at it. Koni STR.T and Eibach Prodamper would work well with those springs. You can get any of those spring/shock combos for under $500 shipped.
Is anyone else running one of these combinations? I am looking for a simple suspension upgrade and I haven't seen anything decent for around $500 until just now.

CO-EM1

my situation was wen i bought my car the guy before me had neuspeed sleeves on it and they were fine on stock struts but as stated before u will pay for it in the end...and i did. the struts went out so since I am on a budget i could only afford struts at the time since i had sleeves so i bought the s2 struts which are made shorter and designed for lowered cars. they work great and since after that my springs on the sleeves were shot (they werent in good condition wen i bought the car) so again i am on a budget i bought the s2 sleeves and the combo is great unfotunatly prob in the end i spent more then just buying pro s coilover but you know u couldnt afford that much all at one time. so thats my situation hope that helps you with your decision.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is anyone else running one of these combinations? I am looking for a simple suspension upgrade and I haven't seen anything decent for around $500 until just now.
I had the Tokico HP setup(shocks and springs) on my '95 civic for about a year and autoxed with them. Never any issues. I replaced the suspension on that car as I became more competitive and I kept the Tokicos in storage. About 10 months ago I got my daily driver '99 Civic. I decided to put the old Tokico springs on it just for fun on the stock 120k mile old shocks. It rides great and the height is perfect for the street(never scrape anything).

The other springs I mentioned are a little stiffer than the Tokico springs and you would be better off buying the aftermarket shocks that I mentioned with those.