skunk 2 stage 3 cmshaft broken

jdm1blackcoupe

5+ Year Member
HEY THERE I JUST GOT MY CAR OUT OF THE SHOP today I JUST PUT THE JE HIGH COMPRESSION PISTONS EAGLE RODS SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFLOW AND VALVES TI SPRINGS AND RETAINERS AND THE SKUNK2 CAMSHAFTS in a gsr head I WAS DRIVING NORMAL coming back WHEN I HIT 4 gear THAT s**t SOUND LIKE SOMETHING POP I PULL OVER THE CAR WONT START SO I OPEN THE HOOD AND SEE THE CAMGEAR BROKEN SO I TOLD THAT WAS IT BUT WHEN I OPEN THE VALVE COVER I SEE THE SKUNK 2 STAGE3 CAMSHAFT BROKEN SEE THE PICTURE IF YOU DONT BELIVE THIS IS CRAZY HAVE YOU EVER HAVE PROBLEMS WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS I ALWAYS HEARDED THA THE CAMGEARS CRACK BUT NO THE [img=http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2724/brokenzi5.th.png]

snoob

9k RPM and 1+ Lateral G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OH wow... have you contacted skunk2? did you put it in? sheesh...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looks like it was over torqued and then just gave some time down the line, but could have been a defect.

jdm1blackcoupe

5+ Year Member
in the towing truck

the valves are ok but im going to changed to another head with oversize valves and put some type r camshafts

dmatrix1

5+ Year Member
thats good. I also have skunk2 cams never had a probem. =). Good Luck! quick question, i know its stupid but why do put that piece on your bumper....

AcousticAudio

Built LSVTEC .63 a/r stg3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Helps the air flow under the car. Its not being baffled up inside the rear bumper, reduces overall drag. Its kind of ugly IMO.. I would maybe do a few small ones.. but those are HUGE

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
S2 is pretty good with their products. I would call them up directly and explain your situation. i dont think they would have a problem replacing them.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did the bolt just strip out? if so, that looks like installer error. most likely, when you (or whoever put the engine together) used a 14mm wrench on that bolt and over turned it while they were putting the timing belt on.