Skunk2 can kiss my ass

k3rnel

Rockin' Stock
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I am in the hunt for a suspension solution for my new Civic, so I started looking at Skunk2's products and kindly email them:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 7:29 AM
To: info@skunk2.com
Subject: Pre-Sales Question

Hi there,
I had a question about your part number 517-05-1712, this is a
coilover suspension kit for a 2001-2002 Honda Civic LX Coupe. I have a
2005 Civic "VP" package, which to my knowledge, is basically the same
car without power windows, locks, etc. It has the same engine, but not
so sure about suspension setup. Will this part work on my car? I am
very interested in the product, but didn't want to buy it without
making sure it would work first.

Thanks,
Stephen Brown

Well here is their reply:

To: (email hidden)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:22:03 -0800
Subject: RE: Pre-Sales Question

We have not made a kit for the 2005.

Now isn't that amazing customer service? They could have researched this and kindly answered me instead of this lame ass one line response. Besides, I have not been reading good stuff about their products anyhow. Can someone suggest me a good setup for my car that will work? I am having a hard time finding anything suspension wise for it.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Im pretty sure teh suspension is the same homie. Do some research of your own and see what answers you come up with. Since Honda usually dosent change the chassis much/or at all, until about 4 years or so goes bye.

Last edited:

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would imagine that it'd be compatible. Do some more research, ask some forums (not this one tho lol) and then make a decision.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Even better yet. Call your local dealership and ask them if there were any chassis changes between teh years of 2001-2005.

k3rnel

Rockin' Stock
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nd4sped said:
Even better yet. Call your local dealership and ask them if there were any chassis changes between teh years of 2001-2005.
Just talked to the dealer, and they said the suspension is all the same for those years, so I am willing to bet that anything I get for a previous year will work. Would it be worth it to go full coil-overs or lowering springs instead? I am thinking I won't be adjusting it, so maybe the springs will be a better option.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think your taking it a little harsh, big deal, do you think they honestly have time to go in depth with every POTENTIAL customer?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
k3rnel said:
Just talked to the dealer, and they said the suspension is all the same for those years, so I am willing to bet that anything I get for a previous year will work. Would it be worth it to go full coil-overs or lowering springs instead? I am thinking I won't be adjusting it, so maybe the springs will be a better option.
and, "FULL coilovers" are a one piece adjustabel spring and shock.a normal coilover is just a sleeve which adjusts a spring and you match up a shock with it........

k3rnel

Rockin' Stock
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h23vtecturbohatch said:
i think your taking it a little harsh, big deal, do you think they honestly have time to go in depth with every POTENTIAL customer?
Well I see your point, but they pissed me off. I would have been fine with a more professional response instead of someone just disregarding my question like they did. I wasn't mad about not getting the answer I wanted, I was mad at the way they handled it, they could have been more professional imo.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I'd say go get yourself some skunk2 coilovers :lol:

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Id go with the complete damper kit. This way you will have a matched shock for those springs. Or ou can do a little searching to find shocks that will match your spring rates and how low you want your car.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seriously tho... how many emails like that do you think they get per day?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
k3rnel said:
Well I see your point, but they pissed me off. I would have been fine with a more professional response instead of someone just disregarding my question like they did. I wasn't mad about not getting the answer I wanted, I was mad at the way they handled it, they could have been more professional imo.
They didnt disregard your question. They answered it. They got straight to the point. I wish more people would do that rather than bullshit and try to get you to buy something else or wait for their product to come out.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
seriously tho... how many emails like that do you think they get per day?
true..they get tons of ebays and they want to reply to each and everyone so they just give stright out short answers. also most of the time, if you want answers, go to distributors..

im guessing your car is a daily driver car. i dont suggest getting skunk2, skunk2 have linear springs. its best to get progressive springs for daily driven cars.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get ground control coilovers

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk2 sleeved coilovers + OEM struts = Shitty ride.
Simple as that.

Just get aftermarket shocks with springs if you don't need height adjustability.
Better yet, full coilover is the way to go.

There is difference between suspesion.
Honda used 50mm on 01-02 then switched to 55mma and 16mm crash bolts.
Rear suspension is same.

civic_fetish

5+ Year Member
I don't know the problem

hey. Well I ordered the SKUNK2 coilover kit for my cousin for his 2005 honda civic. I called the place where I'd gotten it to make sure that it would fit on my cousin's ride and he said it would. So I ordered it and got it in two days. Today he tried putting them on and he said that the 2 front application could not fit but the back ones did. Now I'm just confused because I was sure it would go. Now I'm stuck with a coilover kit that I have to somehow sell to somebody else. My advice is make sure they have the application for your car when ordering a kit, have them swear and hope to die, stick a needle in their eye. Good luck.