skunk2 coilover on tokico blues

IgotLove4CiVic

5+ Year Member
How do u think the ride would be to have skunk2 coilovers on tokico blues. heard blues are known to be bumpy but im not 100% sure. does anyone have blues on and can give me some feedbacks? thanks

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how low are you going? because that determines alot

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if your dropping it 1.5 those tokico's will make your ride pretty good..my guess is that it wont be too bumpy

Blues are stiffer than stock, and can handle a bit more..

however, if you are buying coilovers, down the road you may want to lower it more.. therefore i would look for another type of strut, say AGX adjustable struts

IgotLove4CiVic

5+ Year Member
what u think of 1.7? if thats not too low. still want to be able to go up driveways. i got a good deal on it thats why i want to try it out. its like 280 for both from a friend.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
man, alot of people lower their civics to 3.5 inches so if your going with 1.5 then you have nothing to worry about getting into driveways.. you should be fine.. with coilovers you can change your ride height anytime so youll be all set

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's a cheap deal. As long as you're not slamming it, you should be fine.

NURSE

I'm a Man-Nurse! ?
5+ Year Member
When I want a 1.5" drop I eat a couple cheeseburgers and get in lol.

2000sicivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive got the blues on my si and they are alittle bumpy but they are at stock height with stock springs so that cant help, bought them to replace worn out stockers and will be purchasing probaly h an r springs

genobee

5+ Year Member
i would get some illuminas if i was you...they are adjustable and pretty good

IgotLove4CiVic

5+ Year Member
its a good deal u know wat i mean. 280 for whole set. would these new shocks handle heavy weight, lets say carrying 3 ppl in the back without looking like the car is tilted. i know stock wouldnt. it looks weird with front up and back down. any opinions on wat height i should adjust to that looks nice. not down to race just daily driving, if i reconsider 1.5''. i want it to be able to go up driveways and not scrape the muffler too.

Absolut3Zr0

The Herman Handler
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I guess it all depends on if you really care about performance or just looking good. If its just for looks, run the blues and save the money. If your are more performance oriented and want a good shock to bring out the most of the coilovers, then save your money and get better ones.I bought blues for both my cars and I hated them. They are better than the stock ones but not by much. Save your money and get Illuminas or Koni Reds if you cant afford the yellows.

Malfa

5+ Year Member
skunk2 coilovers are incredibly bouncy

your shocks won't really change much as i didn't notice a difference going from stock shocks to tokico illuminas on "1"

i just bought new springs, so im good..