Skunk2 Lowering Springs/Shocks problems

SnoFox4

Most Boring Car
Hi

I finished installing my Skunk2 lowering setup (with camber kits front and rear) and am having a few problems on the road.

I know springs and whatever need to settle, and harder bushings make for more noise.. but how long should it take for the springs to stop making noise?

Also, I just got an alignment at belletire and had the camber set to -1 all around.. but my tires still rub when going over bumps in corners. Do I have to roll the fenders? They don't rub often, but they rub a lot when I have someone else in the car..

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The springs and bushings shouldn't be making any noise if installed correctly. Something else is going on.

You may need to roll your fenders. The tire rubbing really has more to do with wheel size/offset and tire size. If those aren't right, you'll have problems. Try to see how badly it rubs and see if rolling the fenders would work. If not, you either have to deal with it or get new wheels with a different offset.

WBJ

Registered VIP
I agree, I have Skunk 2 Pro-S coilovers with camber kits as well and I dont have noise. They have been on the car for about 3yrs now and they still ride smooth...ish LOL.

As far as the rubbing goes... sounds like its the right height to me! =)

Why dont you post some pics and maybe one of us will notice something wrong with the install.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the noise is probably your tires rubbing. maybe raise your ride height a bit?