Skunk2 Struts with megan racing coilover sleeves install help!

manvir11

hey i got skunk2 struts and megan racing coilover over sleeves! but i need help installing them i got kind of an idea how to do it but not really! so can anyone please help? or link me through a walk through

thanks!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Different how? Do you have a newer gen Civic ('01+)?

Civic Virtue

The two on the right are the rears, and the sleeves just slide over the shock housing to the very bottom where the spring perches are.

manvir11

omg thank you man! thats what i been looking for how they went in everywere! could you show me how you have your front one's aswell? ,

manvir11

i think i should have bought the skunk2 sleeves aswell because the 2 rear sleeves are longer then the front one's it looks like, and for the megan racing ones i have their all the same length, but i hope that doesnt affect the ride height much

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no no their for a 1996 acura integra sedan, i was just asking on this forum cause i thought people might know about it these are the struts, the 2 on the right are the rear ones , but i dont know how to seat the sleeves on that

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/catalog/skunk2/sk2.shocks_gen.jpg
The link I posted shows the assembly process for the fronts, but the rear assembly process is exactly the same. And being a sedan, coupe, or hatch is insignificant, the suspension is nearly all the same with integra/civic of those models.

omg thank you man! thats what i been looking for how they went in everywere! could you show me how you have your front one's aswell? ,
Front ones are in the DIY I linked, if you bothered reading it...

i think i should have bought the skunk2 sleeves aswell because the 2 rear sleeves are longer then the front one's it looks like, and for the megan racing ones i have their all the same length, but i hope that doesnt affect the ride height much
It doesn't really matter how long the sleeves are... they are height adjustable so you can set your ride height how ever you want within the range of those sleeves. Which should be adequate.

manvir11

yeah i did read it , i just thought you might of had a pic for it when it's installed in the car , but thank's so much man i think i got how it goes now

bkjj77

Registered VIP
this is kind of a random question but when you lower your car are you supposed to have car even..or the front facing down more...or the back down more...Once side lower than othere or even

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Generally speaking, it's personal opinion. But most would say having the car evenly lowered front & back is the best as far as looks go.

manvir11

im probably gonna have the back a bit higher then the front because sometimes i might have more passengers in the back -.-