Skunk2 VS FF1's Coilovers?

Andres_00

Am trying to go really really low with my EK, i have Tein basic coilovers but they barely go that low. Some people say Skunk2 goes lower than Teins, but that FF1's dumps your car. Can you guys give me some opinions ...

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have Function and Form Type 1s on mine. I ride pretty slammed as is and I still have leftover threads. I loveeee them and they ride like stock.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can dump with Type I's. My friend's prelude lowest point is 1" off the ground. crash is probably near that.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Function and form go the lowest, but expect to lose the good ride if you do the preload just to be dumped. They go really low with preload and a nice low pro tire

Andres_00

Mhm so FF sounds pretty good to go low, on some other forum people are recomending FF also .. Some say they ride a little better than Skunk2

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mhm so FF sounds pretty good to go low, on some other forum people are recomending FF also .. Some say they ride a little better than Skunk2
I've ridden in a car with skunk2 suspension and I wasn't impressed. I'll post some pictures of mine later if you want.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you wanna slam your car, FF or Buddy Club could do that. I have skunk2 pro s version 2s on mine.

Tires are 205/50. The fronts still has 0.40" to go. The rear still has 0.75" to go. If you wanna go lower, get softer springs or shorter springs. I didn't keep it at this height though. I just did this for shiz and giggles. The ride isn't bad in my opinion.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you wanna slam your car, FF or Buddy Club could do that. I have skunk2 pro s version 2s on mine.

Tires are 205/50. The fronts still has 0.40" to go. The rear still has 0.75" to go. If you wanna go lower, get softer springs or shorter springs. I didn't keep it at this height though. I just did this for shiz and giggles. The ride isn't bad in my opinion.
Softer springs by themselves won't get your static ride height lower, they very likely wouldn't change the ride height even the slightest bit. They will only cause problems if they are too soft by allowing your UCA's to hit the shock tower and your tires to rub the insides of the fenders. You'll need to know what spring rate to go with if you want shorter springs. Too short and too soft can cause coil binding. Not to mention at some point, if you're not already breaking through your shock towers, you have no more suspension travel at all making your suspension useless. Not to mention one hell of a sh*tty ride.

Andres_00

Mhm but your car looks lower than how i have mine, which is good!!