Skunk2 y7 idle issue

Luis Febo

I NEED HELP!! I have a stock d16y7 MT. I recently added a Skunk2 D series IM with a SK2 68mm TB. I took off the SK2 TB bc it would not let go past 2000rpms at first. The only way it would was with switching the MAP and TPS wires but the car would turn off on me when turning plus was right connections. I had a 95 TB laying around and put that on. It has worked the best compare to stock or sk2 TB. The problem now is that it will not maintain an idle. As soon as i start the car or begin to slow down it starts making this idle searching noise going up and down between 1500-2000 rpms. probably not the best way to describe but hopefully its something you guys have encounter before. This is my first honda i ve worked on but i am certain i ve got everything hooked up right. i keep getting P1509 code. I called skunk2 and all they say is i need to tune it. which i know i do and eventually i will but i know theres gotta be a fix meanwhile. I would love to be able to put on the SK2 TB but if not at least be able to fix the IM with OEM TB.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
P1509 can be a IACV issue. I would recommend cleaning that first and foremost. Also check the TB gasket, because the up and down RPMS' sounds like a vacuum leak.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know switching a y8 oem intake on a y7 usually requires changing a 3 wire iacv to a 2 wire iacv so I bet that's your issue with the skunk 2 manifold

Luis Febo

1st I really appreciate the response. I really dont want to give up on this. Now I have read a bit about the 3 to 2 wire option. There are threads after threads about it. My concern is plugging something directly to the ecu and possible burn out situation. Do you know of any way of doing so without running a wire directly to the ecu. I think its like A9 or A19.. ps @XpL0d3r I am using the SK2 TB gasket due to the original one being bad but what i am going to do is outline it and create my own.

saquon

I NEED HELP!! I have a stock d16y7 MT. I recently added a Skunk2 D series IM with a SK2 68mm TB. I took off the SK2 TB bc it would not let go past 2000rpms at first. The only way it would was with switching the MAP and TPS wires but the car would turn off on me when turning plus was right connections. I had a 95 TB laying around and put that on. It has worked the best compare to stock or sk2 TB. The problem now is that it will not maintain an idle. As soon as i start the car or begin to slow down it starts making this idle searching noise going up and down between 1500-2000 rpms. probably not the best way to describe but hopefully its something you guys have encounter before. This is my first honda i ve worked on but i am certain i ve got everything hooked up right. i keep getting P1509 code. I called skunk2 and all they say is i need to tune it. which i know i do and eventually i will but i know theres gotta be a fix meanwhile. I would love to be able to put on the SK2 TB but if not at least be able to fix the IM with OEM TB.
Idle control valve

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk