sloppy shift linkage

ThePowerOfRice

broke ass ricer
5+ Year Member
Any help just did a b16a swap on my 98 civic lx i had to do a auto to manual conversion , the ? is it has a lot of play in it how do i stiffen it up help???????

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you put the b***h pin in or did you put a bolt there?

bhacker9

ebp si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my shifter did this too, does it go into gear then move side to side? Can you only get into two gears? If so your shift mech inside your trans is busted....

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u could try the energy bushings kit for the linkage it worked wonders on mine

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bushings make a HUGE difference in shifting. Make sure you have those in there lol. And it's amazing what the difference is like between shifting with polyurethane bushings and OEM bushings.

ThePowerOfRice

broke ass ricer
5+ Year Member
yes i did put in urathane bushings by synergy the play is side to side no problem shifting just the side to side play

squidmaster

pen0r squid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have the same problem with my (1997) OEM brushings. I am bout to replace them though with aftermarket so I hope this works too! :]

ThePowerOfRice

broke ass ricer
5+ Year Member
again it does go into every gear but i talked to enjo and they said its the primary joint which you need new shift linkage aha

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK i have the same problen i can go in every gear just fine but the shifft doesnt stay in place, it moves arund all over the place i am useing a bolt for b***h pin could that make a difference ? does some one have a pic of all the bushings that are suposto go tahnks

no mean to thread jack