Sloth's Black 98 ex

Sloth_homegrown

yeah im reall undecided on what to get plus the whole money issue its hard though cause if yall saw all my friends cars there rediculous and idk what to do cause pretty much anything i do their cars will be faster and way cleaner than mine lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pretty much anything i do their cars will be faster and way cleaner than mine lol
not true, if you take your time, save your money and do things right the first time. Being different is understandable but there are some things that should be done the same simply because it would best benefit the car itself or the owner.

in the end, all that matters is that you like the car...and from your posts, it doesn't seem that you really like the direction the car is taking either (guessing that based on the ever changing opinions of what to do)

Sloth_homegrown

Yes your right i dont like the way my car looked in the first place i guess cause i was kinda forced to the blacked out part. but now i kinda like it its just small stuff that annoys me cause i think the person that had it before me wrecked it really bad but didnt report it cause it does have a clean title but my back driver side of the car always sits like 2 - 1,5 inches shorter than al the others and then the fact that they had the wrong fender to begin with and also i think they have the wrong rear bumper cause its a little to big and has fitment problems. its jsut wierd cause different parts of the cars are different colors like the doors are white under the panels but the body part is black . also my friends car are really rediculous lol one has a rsx type s withe the nice pearl white thats turboed, slammed as hell, and has the perfect rims with a badass paint job on the rims and is running on 12 lbs of boost and the other has a red celica( my favorite tuner car) also turboed and slammed as f**k lol but he drives alot so he only runs on like 6 lbs of boost but they go to shows and stuff .

but yeah im undecided cause i hear from some people at the meets saying that the single cam isnt to bad but then alot of people all they want is the b series swap. i mean dont get me wrong LSD is amazing but ive ridden in a civic that had a d15 and the kick from vtech was awesome lol also with the paint job i was sold on blue but then one day at the meet we have here in corpus and super clean like perfect SI came and it was the blue i had been wanting and had the gsr blades with a turbo and it was soooo sexy but now i dont want to seem like im copying him. thats why i was thinking red or repaint a shiny black but idk

Sloth_homegrown

Got my coilovers! and i love how my car looks now and it rides soooo sexy =) oh and now you can see my 5 dollar paintjob on my fender lol just didnt want it to be gray until i paint it. well prob wont be any updates unless i get stuff for xmas for my car im saving for the B16 full engine swap :P cant wait . until then peace :wgaf:

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow, you're all over the place with this car. I'd suggest doing a little more research and take your time with modding your car. The end result will be a ton better. It's not bad right now, but just reading through this thread makes me think you don't really know what you want with this thing and are just buying w/e looks/sounds good.

Sloth_homegrown

Thanks i love the way it sits now to do a lil more suspension stuff. and yeah i was all over the place with plans for my car but after i buy some suspension bling lol im gonna get teh si tail lights and jdm headlights and also going to fix my rear bumper. then get it painted black. oh yeah still gotta install the sidemarkers ive had forever

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not a bad looking ride my man. I like what was said earlier about the orange rims. That gives it a real different look. Maybe even if you're feeling real ballsy, you could repaint your 'H' badges the same color as your rims. Then do the same to the incoming valve cover.

Sloth_homegrown

Latest update .... got some problems with money so my engine is gonna take a while longer but i did get some new headlights and tailights and front and rear lips for christmas will post pics of them when they come in .

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow @ all the haters.

"Oh my god, he's doing what he likes and not what everyone else is doing! WHAT?!"

I swear to god it's these stupid, ridiculous, unnecessary trends that hold the scene back.

Good for you, for doing what you like and what you think looks good. There are things I like and things I don't like about your car but this is YOUR car NOT MINE so I appreciate the work you've put into it and hope to see where you take it.

mlariviere

got the same ones for christmas, i like those a lot better than the blacked out ones you had. once you get oem or black housing your car's gonna look just like mine! and how hard was it to install the fogs? check out my build!

Sloth_homegrown

yeah i got the headlights with teh black housing on the way i get them monday . and the fogs were really easy just had to reshape one part that plugged into my fuse panel it had a extra plastic piece on it so it didnt fit so i got sandpaper and sanded it off and it works perfectly the only part that takes time is running the wire harness through the engine bay but it was really easy.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Overall your doing pretty good man IMHO I'd keep that sucker black just get a decent paint job and you'd be solid!!

Sloth_homegrown

heres the front lip and the headlights =)) about to install rear lip in a lil

lights on

Lights off

there ya go hate on me all you want ;)

:whip2:

Sloth_homegrown

And yeah on the paintjob im probally going to stay black since all my other vehicles are black and i think taking out the engine so the engine bay could be repainted a different color is to much work ill just stick with black just make it a really shiny with a thick clear coat =)