Slow Civic!!!

nissin67

Hatch-it!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got myself a 2000 civic HB, stock engine, intake, exhaust, lowered, suspension, etc...

but the main thing is.. the stock engine is sooooooooooooooooo slow!!! i drove a stock CRX b4 this civic and the CRX can rock this civic...

anyways, is there any tips on mod-ing it faster if i DON'T want to swap engine??

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Turbo

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by eminemslm0
Turbo
only way to go with that POS engine if you dont wanna swap it..

turboferio (use to be on the site, dont know what happened to him) had the greddy kit on his 4dr ex, s**t was quik/clean!

chrisisme

silver member???
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
either turbo or swap .. both expensive were i live.. samll things could be exhaust ,headers, intake, other things .. how much u willing to spend????

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
boooooost the d16.... rock the sohc!!

Tap it

NA is Best!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only way is boost.. or if you wana be more realiable supercharge it.

myself personally im saving for a swap.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you really dont want to swap, go turbo or supercharger...supercharger is way more relaiable

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turboferio said he had 276 whp from his sohc, thats alot.

nissin67

Hatch-it!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm willing to spend as long as is worth the money...

which is more expensive?? supercharge or turbo??

i heard that turbos are not reliable .. u guys are saying that supercharge is more reliable... can my sohc engine handle the a supercharger??

also, what supercharger should i get that would give me the best reliability?? (i don't wanna mess up my car)

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i think there's only one supercharger out for d-series: jackson racing.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
either or are both reliable, as long as the turbo is properly tuned you'll be just fine

needboost

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go with the turbo, just keep up on your maintenance and also your tuning like daniel said

AZSprmnn

From AK to AZ to AK to OR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much are turbo kits for the SOHC engines. i was thinkin about doin that until i graduate skewl and stuff and then ill get money, but for now im thinkin about gettin a turbo for my SOHC too.
and i kinda agree with not supercharging, itz not really worth it on a SOHC engine

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok it all depends if the car is auto or 5speed. but my best bet is to go with a supercharger and if u are going to run high compression on that engine you might want to get it rebuilt and make sure u buy good piston and rods. And u might want to get Hondata. It all depends on what psi u are running and go for jackson superchargers and upgrade the kit too. you can find that kind of info on the net just search around or get a mag about superchargers or the turbo mag. Then get NOS! And be ready to spend 4,000 on the supercharger and another 1,000 on the engine upgrades. Or u can always polish the heads!

skunk2civicex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a intake manifold some stage 2 cams a throttlebody port and polish your head , and a three angle vavle job.get some internals if ya got the cash.