smell fuel! help here!!

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My spark plug wire were bad so i went to get new ones, and my car recently was running sluggish when its cold. or sometime out of the blue. i changed the spark plug wire and did top dead center for my timing. however, i smell fuel from the inside of my car. i double check the engine bay but i dont smell anything from there. however i check my back seat to see if theres a leak, but there wasnt any leak at all. what could go wrong here? i have a gsr turbo btw.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do you only smell it when your car is running?

fusion

5+ Year Member
let your fuel pump prime and check your o rings on your injectors. if theres a leak typically thats where its going to be.

AE Motoring

5+ Year Member
let your fuel pump prime and check your o rings on your injectors. if theres a leak typically thats where its going to be.
just exactly what he said, have a friend turn the key to just where the fuel pump primes and look around the injector area and fuel lines, fuel rail etc etc and try to see if you see anything coming out, feel around with your fingers for any wetness.

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like i said i dont smell any fuel from the engine bay nor see any leaks. but when u sit in the car u can smell it. yes when the car is on.

fusion

5+ Year Member
well obviously theres a fuel leak somewhere. either that or your a/f ratio is running super rich. what engine manage are you running?

or maybe you stepped in some gas at the pump and sat in your car =/

justinegabriel

5+ Year Member
you said u smell fuel inside the car when the car is on. you should check the fuel line which connect between fuel tank to fuel pump.