Smog testing in OR??

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like I might be moving to Eugene within a year. I need to know if they do smog testing or anything of that sort?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope!!

thank goodness also when i first read this thread i thought they were thinking about implemeting it, i was about to be pissed cause i plan to register my s**t up there at a friends soon.

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL sorry about that, didn't mean to freak ya out. Glad to hear they don't smog!!

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea. Just make sure when you move there you dont happen to veer south and end up in this place called "California" .... those fools have crazy ass smog there, f**kin intakes have to have these gay things called "carb numbers" and engine swaps have to be "certified" :lol: :lol:

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
yea. Just make sure when you move there you dont happen to veer south and end up in this place called "California" .... those fools have crazy ass smog there, f**kin intakes have to have these gay things called "carb numbers" and engine swaps have to be "certified" :lol: :lol:
Yea that is what I've heard :lol:

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quick question, in a state/city where smog testing and s**t is not required can you do an engine swap to a JDM ITR or CTR or something like that without worrying about getting in trouble for puttin out all that extra pollution?

gta

Faded Red Hatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it wont really put out any more emmissions. but no, you cant get in trouble fo rit unless its a stolen engine. and there are 2 parts of oregon according to the Oregon DMV webpage that require tailpipe testing and thats Medford area and Portland Area

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gta said:
it wont really put out any more emmissions. but no, you cant get in trouble fo rit unless its a stolen engine. and there are 2 parts of oregon according to the Oregon DMV webpage that require tailpipe testing and thats Medford area and Portland Area
Awesome, thank you for the info.

RiceGirl

Luv my labbie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:

That's so true..

In order for me to get a military sticker on my car. The base that I am stationed requires all out of state cars to get a emission test. So, I went to a local car shop called MasterTech and they would not even do a test on my car due to the fact that my header did not have "Carb Numbers" on the header. :???: I told the guy that I'm not getting California plates, I just need this test to get my base decal. He still said no. :???: So, I did a little more resarch and found out that the base offers a Out of State Emissions check. Which cost only $40. =) w00t... And they did the check without even looking at my engine and I passed. =)

After this experiance, I decided that when I get out of the service I'm getting the hell out of California. 8)

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ricegurl said:
After this experiance, I decided that when I get out of the service I'm getting the hell out of California. 8)
:thumbs up: Good idea! :lol: Cali has too many damn restrictions IMO and that is why I will never live there. ;)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
dude i live in eugene oregon!!!
medford and portland have started doing some smog regulations, but eugene is a-ok.
dont have to worry about CARB exemptions or numbers, dont have to worry about smog, if you're car is putting out a black smoke screen that covers 4 lanes of traffic... then you might have to worry about getting pulled over, other then that you can do what j00 want

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
dude i live in eugene oregon!!!
medford and portland have started doing some smog regulations, but eugene is a-ok.
dont have to worry about CARB exemptions or numbers, dont have to worry about smog, if you're car is putting out a black smoke screen that covers 4 lanes of traffic... then you might have to worry about getting pulled over, other then that you can do what j00 want
really?? are the smog laws that much more relaxed than in cali??

RainyDaze

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey Todd! I'm gonna be in Eugene around the beginning of December. We gotta meet up!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
we fo sho gotta meet up....

where i live "smog" is a foriegn word ;)
there is no smog checks, no carb #'s or exemptions, cops dont check for aftermarket engine mods and couldnt ticket you for them even if they did...
the first time i've ever heard of smog laws was on the interent while i was reading about cali

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
we fo sho gotta meet up....

where i live "smog" is a foriegn word ;)
there is no smog checks, no carb #'s or exemptions, cops dont check for aftermarket engine mods and couldnt ticket you for them even if they did...
the first time i've ever heard of smog laws was on the interent while i was reading about cali
sweeet!!!! smog regulations are so big down here in cali, its gonna be nice not to have to worry about it :banana: