Smoke when i downshift

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The other day i was cruisin wit my friend and we're crusing side by side and i go to downshift and poof smoke in my rear view mirror. i think the engines burning oil but it could be something else not sure yet. but if anyones got info let me know. oh yeah theres no smoke when i start up the car. thanks

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what color smoke?

browneye

you know a butthole!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mavrick said:
I just found out my ride is spitting out "black" smoke when I get on it really hard. I just rolled over 100K and will be doing a big tune up in the next few weeks. Black smoke usually means you're burning oil, right? So does that mean I have bad rings? or is it something easier to fix?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I thought that bluish smoke meant that you were burning oil.....than again i could be wrong.....umm..usually you'll see smoke at start up and that should be white looking smoke. thats what just happens so done be worried about that. when you get on it...some smoke should come out because you did get on the throttle but it still should be white exhaust fumes. You might wanna go for a tune up when you get the chance to and hopefully that fix it for ya!

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you shouldnt actually worry about it....probably just a lot of excess carbon build up being released....

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You ever heard of seafoam? Maybe try that, if it is carbon buildup.

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from the looks of it, its black but just that once you'll see smoke. climing the rpms will be fine but when downshifting poof smoke in the rear view.

sidewayzinCA

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have seen lots of cars do that. i dont really think its that big of a problem. as long as the smoke isnt pouring out constantly.

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my hatch is almost about 200k its like at 190k rite now, theres no smoke coming out. so i dont think the mileage matters.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
smoke is normal. ur down shifting and pushing it harder = lite smoke

i think ur just pushing carbon build up out or unburnt fuel or something

jon julian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car is starting to smoke also when i downshift, and also when im hard on it, poeple tell me im runnin rich, other poeple tell me u gotta change a computer, it also spits out black s**t.....idk whats goin on with it??.....

GreenSpeed503

Building A Screamer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn!!! 190k?? mines only at 90k but make sense that its "should" smoke. i'll just keep an eye on my oil level. ^ black s**t?? is it thick? you should get that checked i'd start from the header.

venepapi24

venepapi24
5+ Year Member
GreenSpeed503 said:
The other day i was cruisin wit my friend and we're crusing side by side and i go to downshift and poof smoke in my rear view mirror. i think the engines burning oil but it could be something else not sure yet. but if anyones got info let me know. oh yeah theres no smoke when i start up the car. thanks
check the spark plug seals cause maybe oil is gettin in and its burnin it off. just do an oil change and put a smoke bgone or a lucas and see how it goes