Smoked blk tail lights problem

nikul

Banned
I have a small problem i smoked ma tail lights but in the day time u can`t tell when i brake the guy sprayed it from the inside. what better if he tinted it from the outside or if he sprayed from the inside

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
neither. tinting your tail lights is a pretty dumb idea because of the exact problem you're having.

maybe it looks cool during the day... but it looks dangerous at night. or braking anytime for that matter.

ej8arm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i think that its cool if you get them sprayed a littile, mine are and the look fine during day and night.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Buy new lights before you get rear ended. There are many different parts on the inside that he could have sprayed, so I can't answer that. Sounds like he used too thick of a coat or sprayed over reflectors or something.

Either way, not a great idea to reduce the visibility of your car. Even if you think it looks cool.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dang...mine are blacked out as well, but you can still see through them...did he use spraypaint...

nikul

Banned
It`s Sick At Night But Their A Big Problem Only In The Day Time Since U Can`t C Me Brake

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
they look cheap...really.
plus, you're increasing the chance you'll get him from behind.

Same reason you dont tint or spray paint the lense on your headlights.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get some paint thinner and fix your problem, soak that s**t, douse it!

And don't let that friend touch your car again....

Rocket350

5+ Year Member
I think I've seen some replace bulbs that are leds maybe that would light up brighter and solve the problem?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol

Citing the reasons people keep saying they don't like them, your post is retarded.
I think I've seen some replace bulbs that are leds maybe that would light up brighter and solve the problem?
LED bulbs aren't usually too bright.

When I see blacked out taillights I think of this.

pat_Ai2008

5+ Year Member
i jus tinted my tail lights... sprayed them from on the back side of the tail light .. and 2 coats of clear coat ... came out sweet... and can still sorta see the lights in the day time ... obviously not as good as bfore i tintd but what do u expect ... still havnt gotten ne tickets n ive drove by alotta cops lately

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I removed my smoked taillight tint for the reason of almost being rear-ended twice in the sunlight a couple of days, but I thought ahead and bought taillight film, so I could remove if I ran into that kind of issue,

Think ahead, so you can always go back just in case.
Plus police watch you just a little closer I noticed.

srt1

5+ Year Member
I painted my own(outside) and they look good day and night. I didn't darken them too much which is good cuz you can put little or a lot on, depending on your preference. Once I sprayed the black I put a clear on then buffed them out. Yeah the police are picky about that s**t too.