Snes to HDTV

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 37 inch lg HDTV and 3 snes. Iv true hooking up all three to the HDTV (not all at once) with no luck on getting a picture. Iv tried 2 diff rf switches an a brand new av cable on all 3. Iv gone through every channel and all of the av inputs. I even bought an rf modulator and still no picture. Someone help me be able to play te classic snes on my tv. Iv heard there is a cable that I hdmi at one end and av hookup at the other. Not tr yrw but the actual multi out hookup if that makes sense. Anybody have suggestions on how oso this?

And yes I know the picture will suck by iv changed the aspect ratio to 4:3 so it'll look like an older tvs graphics

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
70 bucks I don't have ATM. I could buy a used wii for that price. Gonna try a s cable and composite to hdmi cable. After that I'm out of ideas. And iv tried to non HDTVs with the rf switches on all 3 tvs and one brand new av cable on the three diff tvs. I doubt all 3 are bad

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can find those for less then 50 bucks maybe when your done wasting money on cables you will reconsider remember its plays 3 formats not just snes. and who the f wants a wii. did you try turning all the tvs filters off and turning the definition down to 480i or whatever.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey, the wii is awesome .

you shouldnt have a problem , i hooked up a even older nes to our 50 inch hdtv and it worked fine. your doin somthing wrong

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm gonna be an a*****e and say it... The lack of proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling in this thread is making my head hurt.

But otherwise... Like redline said, you're doing something wrong. I've seen older gaming systems being played on large TV's as well. I just don't know how they did it :lol:.

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can find those for less then 50 bucks maybe when your done wasting money on cables you will reconsider remember its plays 3 formats not just snes. and who the f wants a wii. did you try turning all the tvs filters off and turning the definition down to 480i or whatever.
Actually iv kept the receipts and been able to take all the cables back. So haven't lost any money. Idk how to turn my picture down to the 480i. Iv considered a wii to check out some of the newer Mario and Zelda games but idk about it. I don't need It to play 3 different formats when I only have the snes games.

Iv seen it done but all of the google searches iv come to have had diffrent things.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There shouldn't be any reason you're having so many problems. AV cables definitely should have done it.

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There shouldn't be any reason you're having so many problems. AV cables definitely should have done it.
Now I get sound from the av cables but no picture. And Iv tried both av in hookups on my tv. Both give me sound but no pic. And all of the picture settings are set to the lowest possible or off and the aspect ratio is 4:3. Ima try another av cable but doubt I'll have luck. Iv read I might need an analog to digital converter box.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
we have a wii and and we play it more than the 360