Snow in Washington

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow! I was at work. At round 5pm PST, it started to snow, hard. By the time I get off, my car can't even clear the snow. I had to ram through most of the snow... (Poor bumper.. poor exhaust pipe... and everything under my car..) And I got home and... it hadly snow in my area, just my work place.. :wtf: Oh well. Yes, I like to start thread. While I was at work. There's this Asian lady came up to me and asked me if I can help her. So I went ahead and see what I can do. Turns out, she said she wasn't expecting snow. That's stupid, because the forcast had been saying it will snow today. It did, big time. So, I thought maybe she wanted me to give her a push or get snow tires on or whatever. Well... she wanted me to sweep the snow off her car... I was like.. wtf... use your damn windsheid wipers.. So I wipe off the snow with my hand. Then, I kindly asked her if she has snow tires on or if she will be putting cables on. She said no need, she's not worry because that is a rental car and bought full coverage for it. :shock: WHAT?!? THE?!? f**k?!? You're telling me as long as you have insurance you don't need to be safe? Omg... How inconsiderable is that? I don't even know where to begin. If she hits someone, others can get hurt. I am sure no one wants to get in an accident during a snow storm. It's cold, and police will not likely to respond to your call. So, she has insurance, which makes everything okay? Oh wow. Some people are seriously retarded. She went on her way. With like a foot or two of snow, I would be surprise if she doesn't get in an accident. Whatever. Then there's another lady was chatting with someone. What cracks me up a bit is that she said she couldn't believe she needed someone to help her get out of the hill, and she has "4 wheel drive" Some people really think 4x4 is God of all vehicles or something. Some of them would fly by you even with snow and ice on the ground. What is wrong with these people?

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man..we haven't received much snow this way yet. We got some the other night and it was about 3 inches or so..And that was really the first we had any this year at all. But then it's suppose to warm up today and tomorrow and then get cold again haha..Silly weather!

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i feel it pineapples.

i work at a flippin car wash and they had me go in even with all
our equip frozen and expected us to wasg cars.

people came to use the wash to get the snow off their cars!
i was jus like, "are you f**king serious? shits just gonna refreeze you dumbass."

sadly, it snowed again last night, froze, and i STILL have to get my "happy"
ass to work and be out in the below freezing temps.

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lucky i only saw snow once this year in IL and i got a f**king ticket for snowmobiling on it to wtf

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
washingtonians are f**king retarded when it comes to that s**t. half of them are surprised... OH! look! SNOW! when it snows every f**king year.

:slap:

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
snow tires arent always necessary, i drive all the time without them and have never had a problem.

Eastside WA got snow a month or so ago, but we're dry right now. been pretty mild this year

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
washingtonians are f**king retarded when it comes to that s**t. half of them are surprised... OH! look! SNOW! when it snows every f**king year.

:slap:
i couldnt agree more. on my to and from work this morning i counted all the f**k
ups i saw. i counted round 16 SUVs/trucks in ditches/crashed. 1 awd sedan(looked like a
sti, maybe jus a wrx) in the ditch and bunch of other normal cars re-ending someone or hitting
the curb.

i dunno where washingtonians get this idea that they know how to drive
fast or good in the snow/ice. i was barely doing 30mph =) never slid,
never had any problems.

but i did get to see a few subaru guys tear up the empty parking lot
made me smile ;)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
253eg said:
i couldnt agree more. on my to and from work this morning i counted all the f**k
ups i saw. i counted round 16 SUVs/trucks in ditches/crashed. 1 awd sedan(looked like a
sti, maybe jus a wrx) in the ditch and bunch of other normal cars re-ending someone or hitting
the curb.

never had any problems.

made me smile ;)
zomg. i love you.

you'd think with these people driving EVERY SINGLE YEAR in the snow, that they'd improve, right? NIPE!

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
253eg said:
the curb.

never had any problems.

made me smile ;)
the fact is, most people that have 4wd or AWD think that it gives them the right/ability to drive as fast as they want. sure you can accelerate fine, but wait until you need to stop or slow down. people just dont understand...

i dont know how many accidents i see when it snows here. and guess what? 9 out of 10 are SUVs or 4wd trucks.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ACtually, WA doesn't get snow every year. But People should see it coming consider it was all over the weather and news channel. We just don't have very many good drivers here. Even me, I don't drive like a stupid dumbass but at times, I do ask myself, "WTF were you thinking?"

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
um, actually washington DOES get snow every single year, just not all over the state. so you really can't generalize the entire state on where you live.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wonder how most people in california would react to a bunch of snow everywhere...yeah they'd all die.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blech... they sanded the roads like crazy here the other night when they were saying it would end up snowing. Good thing they did that... you know, since it started with rain down here and never stuck to the roads. When you look in the front yard you see more green than white. So it got dusted and they sanded the roads. I heard it was supposed to have gotten down to about 28 or so, but I don't think it even iced over.

People around here go stupid for so so little snow. But then again I remembered the last time it snowed up north (Seattle area) and people were leaving their cars on the side of the road and such. The roads got bad even though it really didn't snow that much (at least all the news shots didn't show much snow) but since there are so many hippies here the roads can't get salted. I can't wait to go back to the east coast. :(

This wouldn't be nearly as bad if there were another way for the roads to be handled here. Hell, even when it rains the roads are bad. I've been told the roads have worn down (apparently completely even across the entire road) since the roads here aren't really domed in the middle at all. All I know is they're flat here and there are even low spots. The rain actually pools on the roads.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Going-West said:
I wonder how most people in california would react to a bunch of snow everywhere...yeah they'd all die.
a lot of california gets snow, yo. just not the places you usually think of. shasta gets a lot. ;)

but if it snowed, i dunno, here, in sacto, i think people would go ZOMG! *die*

:lol:

but washingtonians expect it, know it's coming. and they're still f**king retarded.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay... it just got worse. Well, worse for the roads. Better for Jason.

Jason's on his way home from work since they cancelled the event they were supposed to have tonight at the president's (of the school) house. The president lives on this really steep road in town and the whole road is closed because of the snow and ice on the road. I always knew that road would be hell in bad weather...

Anyway, apparently pretty much all in town is compacted snow and so is the road leading all the way out to our house. Apparently people were driving about 20-25mph the entire way.

So there goes me being able to get into town today! I needed to go to send a package out too. It's all packed and now I can't get it to UPS. :x

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the thing with WA(or at least my area) is it always rains, then gets freezing cold at night. you wake up to a skating rink for streets. the snow is nothing, traction is awesome compared to when it doesnt actually snow.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pineapples said:
.... Some people really think 4x4 is God of all vehicles or something. Some of them would fly by you even with snow and ice on the ground. What is wrong with these people?
Yep!

Dumbass soccer moms in their Tahoes and Expeditions and urban faux cowboys in their F250 King Ranch editions think that because they can get moving better than the rest of us one and two wheel drive wonders that they must be able to stop better too. NOPE! same number of braking wheels and twice as much weight. They hit the ice thinking, "I'm in 4WD...I can't slide..." Wrong again. I'll see your retarded ass upside down in the ditch and try not to laugh too hard there Captain HighSide.

We get Washington State's storm Sunday night. 30 degrees and rain. Should make the bridges and overpasses real interesting.

ryan89crx said:
the thing with WA(or at least my area) is it always rains, then gets freezing cold at night. you wake up to a skating rink for streets. the snow is nothing, traction is awesome compared to when it doesnt actually snow.
The snow is not a problem. Here we have warm air from the Gulf over dense cold air from the arctic so it's like below freezing and raining. Leaves a sheet of ice several inches thick on everything.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have fun you snowy people. :D

For a side note, the picture in my sig was taken yesterday, Wednesday, January 10th... 65F. f**k yeah.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
The snow is not a problem. Here we have warm air from the Gulf over dense cold air from the arctic so it's like below freezing and raining. Leaves a sheet of ice several inches thick on everything.
that shounds fantastic! i'll take 2 please, lol

im glad i live in the desert part of WA