snow tires

johnc

5+ Year Member
Hey folks,
In Vancouver, our snow has a tendency to be slushy. Temperatures at present are below seasonal at -2/-4 Celsius.
I have a 1990 civic Si automatic. What snow tire would you recommend? (Michelin Ice Xi2?)

Johnc

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blizzak WS-50 is what I'm using down here in WA. They're working out great on my '98 coupe.

Btw, I was just looking online at some Imprezas from your area.
http://7-52.blogspot.com/2007_03_04_archive.html

I'm a fan of the Blue Ridge Pearl sedan and the red Mazda (which isn't local to you though).

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Blizzak WS-50 is what I'm using down here in WA. They're working out great on my '98 coupe.

Btw, I was just looking online at some Imprezas from your area.
http://7-52.blogspot.com/2007_03_04_archive.html

I'm a fan of the Blue Ridge Pearl sedan and the red Mazda (which isn't local to you though).
At first i thought that was a 323 GTR/GTX. Nice car though.

Bah....I don't need winters on my car, I'm still rolling on all seasons and we've had 1 foot of snow here and I never got stuck. We rarely get ice because of the amount of salt we deal with here (which includes rust:cussing: )

The key is to run skinny tires like 205 and smaller so you don't get stuck in deep snow. My car runs on 195s.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My General Altimax Arctic's should be here tomorrow, 185.65/14. I'll let you know how I like them

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blizzak ws-60

50's are last yrs model, 60 is improved.

work wonders on my car

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
At first i thought that was a 323 GTR/GTX. Nice car though.

Bah....I don't need winters on my car, I'm still rolling on all seasons and we've had 1 foot of snow here and I never got stuck. We rarely get ice because of the amount of salt we deal with here (which includes rust:cussing: )

The key is to run skinny tires like 205 and smaller so you don't get stuck in deep snow. My car runs on 195s.
While running skinny tires is true to some extent sometimes you want to be on top of it if you have little ground clearance. Im running Firestone winterforces studded and absolutely love them. But I know for a fact around Vancouver that there is a severe winter tire shortage and you may be too late.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
While running skinny tires is true to some extent sometimes you want to be on top of it if you have little ground clearance. Im running Firestone winterforces studded and absolutely love them. But I know for a fact around Vancouver that there is a severe winter tire shortage and you may be too late.
True. Where I live is all flat pavement, no off roads or high bumps in the road.

There's this idiot on my street who drives a BMW and he was rolling on 295 all season tires and he ended up getting stranded halfway down the street and had to leave it there overnight :shock: