So, do I have it or not?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some LX's have the option for ABS, and some dont. My LX dosent have it, and I LOVE it. =)

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Some EX, not all.

BTW there should be an abs light that comes on when you first start the car if you have it.
Yeah . i got a 94 ex and i wish i had ABS cuz then id have rear disc.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicEXofD0om said:
Yeah . i got a 94 ex and i wish i had ABS cuz then id have rear disc.
you can do a rear disc conversion without ABS.

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Some EXs have ABS. Their VINs are different than the non-ABS equipped EXs.

1HGEJ814 - Non-ABS
1HGEJ815 - ABS equipped

Thanks a lot, and yeah, I don't have abs:(

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Partizan said:
Thanks a lot, and yeah, I don't have abs:(
Neither of my EX coupes have had ABS. And I'm glad about it. =)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had a 1997 Milano Red EX coupe before I bought my 1998 Milano Red EX coupe. Both were manuals. The only differencees between the two was the '97 came with the stock CD slave while the '98 did not, the '98 has the map lights (they didnt' come pre-'98), and the '97 had mud guards. Three days after my birthday a couple years back though I got new tires put on the rear of my car and on the drive home, less than three miles down the road, the passenger rear tire blew out (sidewall) and sent my car out of control into the concrete base of a lightpole. My car was totalled (I have pics & more I need to get developed if I find them) and I recieved a fractured rib and a careless driving charge. The officer told me I "must have been going 90mph" down the straight away even though I'm very sure my car never could have gotten to that speed in that little space. He also told me my rear brakes locked up first and that I was going 30mph when I hit the post, which is good because "people start dying at 31mph". :roll:

A couple months later I bought my '98 coupe. It was love at first sight. A few months later I found this site. My first post was about my totalled Civic.

But yeah.. the ABS. I don't need it. :what: No one really needs it. It ends up just being one other thing that people think makes them safer... so they drive less safe.

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn that sucks what happened to your civic. The first one was stock?

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tell you how to figure it out, go really fast and slam on the breaks. Look at the streaks. If it fads in and out a little, then you got ABS.... think im kiding?!

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't understand why they put ABS on our Canadian models for "winter"... try stoping on ice with ABS compared to none ABS... anyways.. the heated mirrors come in handy.. sometimes... lol.. ABS you would know because you feel it when you slam the breaks on.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know my 5g EX coupe didn't have it.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
nope

our Si/Em1 did not come with abs nor was it an option.
It was an option.

About This Civic
Mileage: 86,004 Body Style: Coupe Exterior Color: Black Interior Color: Charcoal Stock #: 5646CT VIN: 1HGEM1154YL011122 Engine: 4 Cylinders Transmission: 5 SPD MANUAL Drivetrain: FWD Doors: 2 Wheelbase: 103"

Features: ABS, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Radio, Bucket Seating, CD Player, Driver-Side Airbag, Passenger-Side AirBag, Power Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Radial Tires, Rear Window Defroster, Sun Roof, Tilt Wheel, Tinted Glass

run the VIN.

I happen to like ABS. You can late brake the hell outta' it and throw it into a corner with abandon where non-ABS cars fear to tread.

I got run off the road by a Chevy Colorado 4 door a week or so ago. (brand new truck too...should have let her hit me.:roll: ) I got two tires in the gravel, braking HARD and it went straight as an arrow. Without ABS the two right tires on coarse grooved pavement would have had more braking force and pulled me right into that stupid twat.

'Effin should have let her hit me though....just a little bit on the fender that that fat kid dented with his ass.:twisted:

Team2000 said:
I don't understand why they put ABS on our Canadian models for "winter"... try stoping on ice with ABS compared to none ABS....
so you can steer.

And believe me. We get Ice. not packed snow. Ice. Warm moist Gulf of Mexico air is aloft over a cold front straight outta' Manitoba, it rains and freezes within seconds of hitting the ground. Soon you got 6-8 inches of solid ice on everything Last time it was so thick that you could barely see where the curbs were.

ABS cycles each wheel independantly of each other also so if one two or three wheels lose traction you can still brake with the remaining wheel.