So here is a picture of her.

tyrexus

Respected
She took a beating , but never let me down or stranded somewhere on the past two years I had her. I was going to sell her but decided not to. I'll let you the progress as I fix her up.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ex sedan with the EM1/03 Ex wheels and square fog lights, nice and subtle!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You gotta post some pictures of it when clean, preferably not in a garage parking spot.

tyrexus

Respected
UPDATE : Magnaflow catback exaust; Megan Racing stainless steel header; Skunk2 intake manifold pro-series; Hondata intake manifold gasket; skunk 2 alpha series 66mm throttle body; single short bend short shifter -bwr; energy suspension urethane shifter bushings.

VERDICT: She is loud!; sexy loud. Low but noticeably loud. As I expected and from reading about d16s she didn't gain that much power. Engine is much smoother and the hesitation stopped. I can keep her at lower rpms on a higher gear without much hesitation, but obviously there's a limit. Short shifter is a bit harder than I thought to shift but no more feeling my passengers leg as i shift to fifth gear. I'm overall happy, though most people will say I wasted MY money. Pictures coming soon.

tyrexus

Respected
Oh yah, the tip extended out a bit more than I expected.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hope that MagnaFlow catback exhaust includes a catalytic. Otherwise, "loud but low" is a very worrisome phrase.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hope that MagnaFlow catback exhaust includes a catalytic. Otherwise, "loud but low" is a very worrisome phrase.
Why? Nothing wrong with a deep sounding exhaust flowing freely. :lol:

tyrexus

Respected
Test pipe. If its sound you are worried about, than I'll fight that against the damn mustang in my garage that sets off my alarm and two other cars when it starts, or my other neighbour who has a cat back on his ford focus and it sounds like it doesn't have a muffler system altogether ; or those eardrum popping choppers riding around.
The only thing I will have to research is how to delete that CEL for the missing o2 sensor.
You input is appreciated HeX. Thanks!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Look into how to do the o2 sensor defouler trick. Basically it just puts the secondary 02 sensor out of the direct flow of exhaust gases. You want it where it's able to detect some exhaust gases, just not all of them. This way when it sends data to the ECU, it thinks the cat is there and working properly.

EDIT: Something like this should do the trick.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I cant say I look forward to that sound because Civic just sound obnoxious without a cat no matter what products are used. Did you at least consider a high-flow cat?

Why not just have an O2 bung welded into the new piping?

dancam

Registered VIP
Test pipe. If its sound you are worried about, than I'll fight that against the damn mustang in my garage that sets off my alarm and two other cars when it starts, or my other neighbour who has a cat back on his ford focus and it sounds like it doesn't have a muffler system altogether ; or those eardrum popping choppers riding around.
The only thing I will have to research is how to delete that CEL for the missing o2 sensor.
You input is appreciated HeX. Thanks!

What do you mean by test pipe?
Did you have the catalytic converter removed? Not really a great choice but lots of people make it. What works well for people with small displacement motors like this who remover their catalytic converters is to add another resonator. The ones i have heard sound quite nice. If what you have gets too loud that is. Otherwise no point in spending more money if your happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyrexus

Respected
I will research into that. Its louder at around 2 k rpm. If I floor it I get that horrid vibration sound, so I avoid that for now. I am happy though. Next week I will get the rear sway bar and reinforcement kit ( whatever that is) to go with my current( koni struts and tein springs) suspension, so I will wait on the resonator. Thanks lot for the input!

tyrexus

Respected
Look into how to do the o2 sensor defouler trick. Basically it just puts the secondary 02 sensor out of the direct flow of exhaust gases. You want it where it's able to detect some exhaust gases, just not all of them. This way when it sends data to the ECU, it thinks the cat is there and working properly.

EDIT: Something like this should do the trick.
I like that idea, I will have to buy a new sensor as the previous one bonded to the catalytic converter from so much rust. That catalytic converter was also in pretty rough shape.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I cant say I look forward to that sound because Civic just sound obnoxious without a cat no matter what products are used. Did you at least consider a high-flow cat?

Why not just have an O2 bung welded into the new piping?
I have to disagree, to an extent. I ran 3" catless exhaust from my turbo manifold back, and it sounded very good. It was sourced via eBay, too. I had purchased a Vibrant muffler thinking the sound would be horrendous, but it wasn't nearly as loud or raspy as I thought it would be, so I returned it and kept the eBay exhaust. Many exhaust systems sound better on forced induction setups, though.

He could weld o2 bung in but he'd get a CEL still because the sensor would be directly in the flow of the gases. I suppose there may be some sort of washer trick too, but I know for sure that others have been successful with the defouler trick. I never had to worry about this because I stepped down to ODB1 for F/I purposes.

I like that idea, I will have to buy a new sensor as the previous one bonded to the catalytic converter from so much rust. That catalytic converter was also in pretty rough shape.

I know your pain; when I did a swap and had to lengthen my secondary o2 sensor, I couldn't get the f**ker out!

I hate rust.

dancam

Registered VIP
I will research into that. Its louder at around 2 k rpm. If I floor it I get that horrid vibration sound, so I avoid that for now. I am happy though. Next week I will get the rear sway bar and reinforcement kit ( whatever that is) to go with my current( koni struts and tein springs) suspension, so I will wait on the resonator. Thanks lot for the input!

Sway bar and reinforcement kit is just what you need! If you want to rip welds and parts off the back of your car that is... Maybe look into it first. Some cars it works kinda ok and others a big sway bar just tears the cars frame apart.

tyrexus

Respected
Sway bar and reinforcement kit is just what you need! If you want to rip welds and parts off the back of your car that is... Maybe look into it first. Some cars it works kinda ok and others a big sway bar just tears the cars frame apart.

It drives me crazy when I do I simple curve and the damn car leans. What is considered a big sway bar?

dancam

Registered VIP
Depends on the car. I think the stuff i was reading about civics breaking was 22 or 24mm rear bars and they were racing. Dont remember what generation though. You dont need a big one to make a big difference. The car is kinda designed to not lean much without one, cars built with them are designed to not lean much with them. So a 15mm bar should do you fine. I think thats what my 7th gen has-14or 15 or something. But a big one may work for you depending on the generation, you would have to look it up. A little makes a big difference. With my other car it came with a 22mm front sway bar and if you put a 24mm bar and a strut brace on it it lifts the inside tire too quickly when cornering compared to huge body roll stock. Doesnt take much...