So if civics are given bad names what other cars are given bad names

Winki

just an innerfooler ;)
5+ Year Member
i just cant stand how people who drive hondas are so blind and intolerent to other makes. Im sure some of you saw that i recently bought a mazda b2500, and i got idiots on the integra forum tellin me i shoulda got a ridgeline ... its like comparing apples to oranges, and honestly if i could afford the ridgeline, id prob get a silverado or tacoma instead.

damm integra drivers :lol:

;)

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Srt4's and mustang's

The neon b/c just imagine how girly it is if you put some beads and and some flowers from the rearview mirror,and Chrysler sucks massive d**k, they are using some sub-par technology and how their cars are built is old school. I work at a body shop and I get to see the inside of cars that most people don't get to see, and I must Say that of the domestic vehicles besides oldmobile, Any chrysler vehicle is kinda shitty. followed by pretty much the interior on any low level GM vehicle. This may seem kinda bias, but any import vehicle short of a hyundai/kia is built better than any same priced domestic vehicle. I love a good corvette or a muscle car, but the lower level muscle cars are just a good motor w/ a heavy piece of s**t body built by old ladies up north. Mustangs are just funny to make fun of b/c of the poor quality of the transmissions and the failures I have seen from all the ones I have been around, fox body to current years, and the interior will fall apart and the motors are garbage once they get some mileage on them too.

But back on the SRT4 hate wagon, have you ever seen them running for more than 50k. The motors have small intake ports, like smaller than a d16. They have terrible transmissions, known for a weak point in the linkage/forks breaking off and falling into the gearsets, which will ruin them and almost immediatly destroy the rest of the innards b/c the metal from the gears will get everywhere else, good luck that this one doesn't happen to you if you beat your car. It has happened to 4-5 of my friends that have them. Also, 3-5 of those have also blown up their motor catastohically, and all of them have fried their clutches. My friend who has an ACR had his bolts on his rear mount fall out and the engine was sitting on the axles in the back. they also like to barrel role if you corner too hard, thankfully none of this has happened to my friends, but with minimal mods you can run low-mid 13's easily, and just a little more you can run mid-high 12's but the cars are GARBAGE and probably won't live to see 120k on the original motor.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dumb... ass...
Man the interior in an impreza hasn't changed much at all in 10 years. They got it right the first time. And I'm not sure every time I see a baboon's ass I say... man, I miss my car :lol:

=)
I love the way subaru's look, way more masculine than the giant evo's. I think they look pretty good, Subaru makes a pretty good car, I haven't seen any problems from them and they are pretty reliable, which is more than you can say for any GM vehicle.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I own a 07 Fit, but the 09's are hella gay.

Reminds me of this.

That was the first time I actually busted out laughing at a damn picture,that is pretty good, and the first gen fit's do look way better like you said.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No regrets gets so mad when someone disses american cars :lol:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ford focus, dodge neon..
Its funny how about half the people on this forum have dissed a FWD compact economy car with an i4 in it, and thats exactly what f**kin EVERYBODY on this site drives. And dont tell me that its different because theyre domestic, there was already an arguement about the actual term of "domestic" and "import" in another thread. And most domestics are way more reliable than they used to be.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So just because it's fwd and has an i4 in it, they are the same...so the new bmw m3 is the same as buick lucerne. Civics can diss on neons all they want, because a. it's a better car and b. they can say whatever they want.

shields

I'm a Vag-etarian.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its funny how about half the people on this forum have dissed a FWD compact economy car with an i4 in it, and thats exactly what f**kin EVERYBODY on this site drives. And dont tell me that its different because theyre domestic, there was already an arguement about the actual term of "domestic" and "import" in another thread. And most domestics are way more reliable than they used to be.
I don't care what engine or if they're FWD, AWD, RWD. I just think they're ugly as s**t, and most import cars look better. I "dissed" another foreign car (the VW Beetle) simply b/c it's ugly as s**t; like the neon, pt cruiser, and focus. Oh yeah, I'll say it again; the Fit's are dumber than hell looking too!!

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No regrets gets so mad when someone disses american cars :lol:
I don't get mad, just alot of peoples opinions are so stupid and stretched, they probably hear it from a friend they think is so cool, and go "Omg! Yes! So true! Now butt f**k me!"

If they'd actually read and look around, they'd find what they say is sooooo stretched out.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So just because it's fwd and has an i4 in it, they are the same...so the new bmw m3 is the same as buick lucerne. Civics can diss on neons all they want, because a. it's a better car and b. they can say whatever they want.
Stop taking s**t so seriously. I NEVER said that since they have similar drivetrains means that its the same f**king car.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So this thread is about cars we hate...or are over-rated?

Over-rated:
Porsche Boxter- c'mon cheap ass, spend the extra 15K and get a real Porsche.

Hated:
Fourth gen Camaro's - what an oversized, ugly ass, piece-o'-s**t boat...err..I mean..car.

Pontiac Aztec - They actually had an entire marketing campaign for the car based on the fact that you could attach a tent to the rear.

Chevy SSR - Ugly AND expensive. Good job Chevy :thumbs up

Oh and whoever thinks the new GTO isn't badass must be gay. There's one that parks next to me every day on campus, black w/ red interior. His exhaust sounds soooo wicked:drool:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stop taking s**t so seriously. I NEVER said that since they have similar drivetrains means that its the same f**king car.
K first, calm down. And

Its funny how about half the people on this forum have dissed a FWD compact economy car with an i4 in it, and thats exactly what f**kin EVERYBODY on this site drives.
That kind of implies it bud. Might want to choose your words more carefully.

I don't get mad, just alot of peoples opinions are so stupid and stretched, they probably hear it from a friend they think is so cool, and go "Omg! Yes! So true! Now butt f**k me!"

If they'd actually read and look around, they'd find what they say is sooooo stretched out.
No I agree that what they say is pretty stupid, just making an observation lol.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Over-rated:

Porsche Boxter- c'mon cheap ass, spend the extra 15K and get a real Porsche.
Un-educated:

Porsche Boxster- c'mon dumb ass, put the s in there and spell the name right.

haha just kiddin ;)

but i do agree with you on that one, im not even impressed when i see a boxster, a carrera or cayman s or something of that sorts will turn my head tho...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gto's are sick, back when i lived in napa my boss had what i thought was an 06 with the 6.0 l ... raced him in my pops 85 f250 with a 7.5l v8 and it smoked on me ... f250 needs some more heat haha

kidsamston

I am DM Kid Samston
5+ Year Member
f**king ricer.

Reliable? American cars ARE reliable. 170K miles on the same engine, pulled it out once to get tranny rebuilt and only put on new freeze plugs and oil pump.

Well built? I wrecked my Mustang doing 45-60 into the back of a an Expedition that was stopped.. I only have to straighten the front end, everything else was ok.

I personally think the body flow on American cars flow pretty well.

I personally also wouldn't be talking about Body flow when the Japanese create these kinds of cars
I have not met or owned an american car that has even come close to the reliability of a Japanese car. A guy at my college sold his '03 mustang and got an '03 Impreza because he could not stand not driving because his stang was always getting fixed every other weekend. i have had 2 Accords, the first one needed nothing but oil changes and timing belts for 351,000 miles, my second Accord is at 215,000 and all it has needed is oil and timing belts pretty much.
Based on Consumer Reports I would never own an american car. I still don't like the way american cars are styled and designed

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
plenty of old american v8's have pretty much the same reliablility of japanese cars ... that "guy at your college" might of had the v6 mustang

my dads 91 bronco for example had 223k on it when we sold it, and now is at 290k and still on the orig motor

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and everyone knows that the 90-93 accord is the most reliable honda EVER MADE imo ... and the 94+ arent bad either as long as you dont get the auto