So if civics are given bad names what other cars are given bad names

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My 89 ranger has 190k+ miles and needs a tune up and has a rear main leak, but the thing is just a few years shy of being as old as me, a good ford. The new ones suck complete balls after that body to current. Mustangs have always sucked. One of the most awful cars ever made has to be an Oldsmobile Alero/ Pontiac grand am. They have the worst review ever and it isn't just the car that has way more drawbacks, it is the terrible ass 3400 sfi that is in it, unless you are even more unfortunate to get the 4 banger one. My girlfriends alero has all the common terrible problems of the alero.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say this every time one of these discussions comes up. Before I bought my civic I had a 94 F150 I6. It threw a rod at 309,000 miles with dino oil every 20,000 miles or so and almost NO maintenance whatsoever.

Kidsamston, you are an uneducated fanboy. Just accept it.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Srt4's and mustang's

The neon b/c just imagine how girly it is if you put some beads and and some flowers from the rearview mirror,and Chrysler sucks massive d**k, they are using some sub-par technology and how their cars are built is old school. I work at a body shop and I get to see the inside of cars that most people don't get to see, and I must Say that of the domestic vehicles besides oldmobile, Any chrysler vehicle is kinda shitty. followed by pretty much the interior on any low level GM vehicle. This may seem kinda bias, but any import vehicle short of a hyundai/kia is built better than any same priced domestic vehicle.
What decade are you living in?

Oldsmobile?:wtf: Why is an Olds W or N chassis better than a Chevrolet, Pontiac, or Buick W or N chassis? When was the last time you saw an Olds dealer?

The new Chrysler world engine is as advanced as any other engine. Import or Domestic. BMW only ceased to use Chrysler's motors in their Minis because of Chrysler's then relationship to archrival Daimler Mercedes Benz. They switched to Peugeot Citroën for engines....their loss. Do not buy French unless you live in France.

Hyundai's quality? Check out their ranking:

TOP FIVE NAMEPLATES

Nameplate Problems per 100 vehicles

Porsche 91

Lexus 93

Hyundai 102

Toyota 106

Jaguar 109

Holy crap! A Ford product made the top 5! :shock::lol:

As far as your hatred of the SRT/4? My wife's wagon has 45,000 miles. I have only changed the oil every 5,000 miles, dropped in a K&N filter, replaced the gawd-awful Goodyear Eagle tires, and cleaned the battery terminals. That's it. It's still on it's OE brake pads. I'm going to do the plugs at 50,000. I don't think it needs them though. I drove it yesterday and it still will rip the front tires loose above 4000 rpm in second with the traction control off and pulls like a summabitch. (The PT-GT is the same engine and turbo as the SRT/4...only the intake manifold and turbo plumbing is different) It'll still f**k up a 96-98 Mustang 4.6 and really embarass a Cologne 4.0 V6 Mustang.

I have seen an SRT/4 with 77,000 miles on it. Still ran just fine. The guy wanted $15,000 for it. I passed. Our PT-GT was only $15,000 and it had less than 5000 miles on it.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I know, Oldsmobile has ceased to exist for several years now, but they were complete garbage while in existence. All of the domestic cars have completely improved in quality over the past 5 years immensely, probably due to the loss of sales to Toyota. Hyundai's are made cheaply, I don't care how well they sell, they are made of poor quality crap, especially when you see them taken apart, the frame rails, is all cheap s**t and won't last, but they are cheap, and I'd never buy one after working on several of them. Chrysler doesn't have bad engines, as far as I know in a majority of their vehicles, but to say they are all great, is nonsense. I took apart and fixed the front end of a Pacifica, and half of the s**t on the front end is held in w/ coarse thread screws, not bolts. Those are going to back out eventually, or shake loose and make noise. Dodge totally blows as far as quality is concerned. It is how the cars are made that is my main problem w/ most of the cars I am talking about. Chrysler 300's get my vote though, I have take apart several and was like taking apart a Mercedes, go figure, but they are well built and reliable vehicles.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh, and Saying that Oldsmobile was better than Chrysler and Chevy, was a mistake and was a type-o, Oldsmobile completely blows, every car they made within the past 15 years is trash.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh, and Saying that Oldsmobile was better than Chrysler and Chevy, was a mistake and was a type-o, Oldsmobile completely blows, every car they made within the past 15 years is trash.
x2, I loved my 86 monte carlo, and 00 ss to death.

I also like my mother's ford edge. Being narrow minded is a sin.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hit a Mercedes Benz with the hood of my 3rd gen Prelude at slower than walking speed.

The hood. Not my bumper. My cheesy thin steel hood

It popped out a shitload of clips and the cheesy chromed plastic H on the leading edge of my hood left an indentation in the bumper.

What the hell is the point of a bumper that can't be bumped?

Mercedes Benz sucks.

In fact, from an installer's point of view, European cars suck. They have poorly designed wiring, exposed live terminals (especially VW), and they wrap everything in this shitty cloth tape. The shitty cloth tape has this greasy adhesive that won't stick to itself or wiring like normal electrical tape. No. It only bonds with human skin, hair, and clothing.

English cars stuck with that shitty reverse polarity until every manufacturer in the UK was purchased by a foreign company (Ford, BMW, Honda, VW, Tata...etc...) that forced them at gunpoint to make negative ground vehicles

BMW has remarkably normal wiring. Much like an Asian or Domestic car. But they will not give up on and/or make usable that shitty i-Drive nonsense. I had a client leave his Captain & Tenille CD in and playing. I started his car and was assaulted with MUSKRAT LOVE!!!!! at high volume. Took me 20 seconds to find the right menu to turn that s**t down. Good thing it didn't have a real key or I may have jammed it in my ear to make the noise stop.

And you have to insert the ugly black plastic key fob and then push the start button. On a Camry or Altima, you just press the start button to go.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
European cars really suck to work on, especially Mercedes, and Volkswagen. Just that their plastic is so frail, and even hard to take apart w/ their hidden bolts and everything is held in with all kinds of different fasteners. The new volkswagens have lazer welded in quarter panels and body panels which means solid welds all the way around, I'm sure it is a good thing, but really sucks to have to grind all that s**t off.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I don't particularly care for the Taurus myself. Driving a Taurus is like admitting that you've given up on life and all your dreams. (same goes for Dodge Stratus)

But they are exceptionally safe cars.

I saw one jet across 4 lanes of freeway traffic, hit the retaining wall and bounce back into the freeway and hit a tractor/trailer right in front of the back tires of the trailer. I thought for sure he was going under the trailer and I was going to see a fatality accident right in front of me. But he didn't. He bounced off again and was hit by an F250. I couldn't see his face because the side curtains had deployed But I'm certain he had one of those, "I'm shitting in my pants!" looks going on. I would have.

I don't know why he chose to yank the steering wheel hard right at 70+mph . I just know that he crawled out of the passenger side rear door alive. ( the other three were smashed shut)

Wow im suprised. Taurus is a pos, and i believe the new ones are basically renamed the Ford Five-hundred?

love how you can go on and on about most car's specifics, you love threads like theses don't you. haha

Another ugly ass car is the Chevy HHR. Looks like another Toaster imo.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hyundai's are made cheaply, I don't care how well they sell, they are made of poor quality crap, especially when you see them taken apart, the frame rails, is all cheap s**t and won't last, but they are cheap, and I'd never buy one after working on several of them
funny..thats the same thing people said about honda 25 or so years ago

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
European cars really suck to work on, especially Mercedes, and Volkswagen. Just that their plastic is so frail, and even hard to take apart w/ their hidden bolts and everything is held in with all kinds of different fasteners. .
:werd: :word: and triple :word::word::word:

Have you ever tried to check the ATF on a Mercedes Benz? There's a dipstick tube, but no dipstick. Just a cap that says MB WORKSHOP ONLY. So not only do they use different sizes and types of fasteners to hold thier brittle plastic pieces together, they are basically stating that you are too stupid to maintain you own car.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No they didn't...
Maybe not 25 years ago.:what:

But in the '70's Honda was pretty much dismissed by all the big players...GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan...etc...

GM said that the new emission standards for 1975 couldn't be met. Honda took a few Caprices with 350s and put their own intakes and cylinder heads on them. Voila'! 350 Chevrolet V8s that met the new emission standards without catalytic converters and get 20+mpg. GM said, "f**k you Honda."

By the 80's, GM was struggling to level the playing field with Honda. The Citation was inspired by the Accord hatchback. The Cavalier by the CIvic.

And let's not forget BMW's 6 billion dollar ass-whipping dealt by Honda.

Honda introduces it's Acura line. Magazine headlines say, HONDA BUILDS A BETTER BMW!" BMW execs get pissed

Honda fixes many problems at Rover. Builds quality luxury cars with European laborers at European wages for less than BMW can afford to. BMW execs get worried and more pissed.

BMW lauches plan to steal Honda production techniques and eliminate competition by acquiring Rover.

BMW demands Honda come to Germany to sign over it's rights.

BMW execs do not read fine print. Are forced to sign contracts with Honda in Japan. Honda retains rights to produce Rover vehicles in Asia. Honda retains sole rights to all production techniques. BMW eventually loses 6 billion and is forced to sell Rover to Ford.

Back in '73 when the only thing on the Honda showroom floor was a Civic and a leftover Z or N 600? Nobody paid attention.

Now they do.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GM said that the new emission standards for 1975 couldn't be met. Honda took a few Caprices with 350s and put their own intakes and cylinder heads on them. Voila'! 350 Chevrolet V8s that met the new emission standards without catalytic converters and get 20+mpg. GM said, "f**k you Honda."
now THATS a fun fact

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
everyone seems to hate my firechicken
lol, but you have your mind in the right place, a trans am would be great, but you have the short end of the stick, but you did make the more economical decision w/ gas prices. I would suggest autotrader for your firechicken.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My grandfather has 490000 on his 89 Ford F-150 Lariat...original motor and transmission...three clutches with the last one being put in during february of this year...I would say that is pretty reliable...he should hit 500000 within the summer...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^

Wow, never knew that honda worked with GM and whatn0t..