so, im thinking of rebuilding my d16

Tyfro!

16 Yr Old Premium Member
5+ Year Member
well thats a lot for me.... haha. im thinking thicker rods, forged pistons, and a turbonetics turbo setup? any ball park ideas of where'd that put hp wise?

matt2122

5+ Year Member
I too dream of a built D16, turbo makes me nervous because of possible reliability issues and i need a car to get me to work:shock:

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes. build the bottom end and the head, bigger intake mani and throttle body, injectors, fuel rail, and pressure reg., boost the ever living f**k out of it and get a really really good tune. and invest in a stage 3 clutch and lsd:cool:

Tek-C

Powered By USAF!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes. build the bottom end and the head, bigger intake mani and throttle body, injectors, fuel rail, and pressure reg., boost the ever living f**k out of it and get a really really good tune. and invest in a stage 3 clutch and lsd:cool:
Don't go cheap on the tune when you turbo. That will be the most important part of your entire set up...

Tyfro!

16 Yr Old Premium Member
5+ Year Member
whats a lsd? im new to cars really ive been playin with race quads, buggies, and three wheelers lately ha... so i will definatly ask stupid questions...

riley1234civc

5+ Year Member
k will suck ass to do i would do b18 and build that i got a friend that has a fully built gsr and it walkes allover gtos

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you saving for tires, wheels, suspension, or is that in the budgeted amount? I would say B swap with turbo if you have that already, or just build and boost plus hook everything else up a bit too. What are you hp goals and your driving goals, just a street car that is nasty or are you drag racing it or both...? I dream of what i could do with that kind of money. It isn't as cost effective but procharger makes a bad ass supercharger kit for about 3500

zb12691

Ebuilt Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5-6k at 16 yo. damn son, hit me up. we got to get into business together