So long honda reliability...

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
04 or 05 VW jetta GLi

my buddy just got one a few months ago... same color and all.

have fun paying for german parts and having electrical problems.lol

ryanM

have fun not driving your new car!

and make sure you arrange an emergency ride for when it rains, cuz it probably wont start when it gets wet.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love VWs, but I have never been impressed with the 1.8T engine.

Also stock up on MAF sensors =)
still beats many a stock vehicle. And it won't be stock for long. Don't get me wrong, I loved my civic, but the 1.8T is pretty fun. The interior is very nice and well engineered, it has recaros, a sunroof, 6 speed, 180 hp/171 lb ft max torque, 18" BBS rims. I don't care if you don't like it, but I do. Just thought I'd share.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
still beats many a stock vehicle. And it won't be stock for long. Don't get me wrong, I loved my civic, but the 1.8T is pretty fun. The interior is very nice and well engineered, it has recaros, a sunroof, 6 speed, 180 hp/171 lb ft max torque, 18" BBS rims. I don't care if you don't like it, but I do. Just thought I'd share.
Never said I didnt like it

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you'll be very disappointed with that turbo vdub.... trust me, its not easy to upgrade them. Requires more work then honda.

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have fun not driving your new car!

and make sure you arrange an emergency ride for when it rains, cuz it probably wont start when it gets wet.
I've driven it over 1000 miles since friday, and I've driven it in the rain already and it did just fine.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Turbo but still slow as hell :lol:
Couldn't have put it better.

Best response so far in this thread.

My buddy's mom had an 05 legacy wagon. Would've RAPED that vdub. Car was sick.... Too bad they got rid of it. New Legacy's are pretty damn fast.

EFB18

High Mimbeer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you'll be very disappointed with that turbo vdub.... trust me, its not easy to upgrade them. Requires more work then honda.
:word:

remember man..it's german..s**t expensive

but good luck dude..if you have the money to fix it when it f**ks up..more power to you

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ghey guys drive those cars.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:word:

remember man..it's german..s**t expensive

but good luck dude..if you have the money to fix it when it f**ks up..more power to you
Haha I remember a friend of mine had a bad wheel bearing on his 98 A4 Quattro. He took it to a few shops to get some quotes for getting it fixed... I think it was well over $500.

Shits a joke when it comes to fixing euro cars...

ghey guys drive those cars.
Funny you mention that too... A kid that goes to my old High School has just a normal Jetta and it's tinted, has plug & play HID's (which may I mention have TERRIBLE cut-off and MASSIVE glare so its blinding to drive by him at night), some wheels on it... And he drives it like he stole it. I guess he thinks it's fast :what:.

EFB18

High Mimbeer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i drove a friends..96 jetta while my car was in the shop...

i replaced some ...spring? in the shifter...in order to shift in reverse...cost me $50!!

so i know what you mean

to expensive and not worth the money in my opinion

i would have stuck with the Honda bro

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honda FTW. but i do like the turbo 1.8 jettas. They are a nice looking car. I was disappointed when I went for a ride in it though. Didnt seem very quick for being a 1.8t. but congrats on a new car.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am so sick of ricers. At my college there are so many. They all go around revving their engines and s**t. I just want to grab a brick and throw it threw their windshield