so, my ride is finally getting unstock...

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just ordered an HP Racing J-Spec exhaust yestarday and i'm excited. So far I just have some uninstalled lowering springs which i really hope to have on in less than a month. I got some 16s and a K&N filter..but now, finally I'll have a little growl to my slow as civic. I guess the first mod is the hardest. I'll get some fresh pics up when everything is on.

I know that this really isn't that exciting, but I'm excited. Now time to look ahead at a header and some pullies.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet bro, first mods are always good. but goddamn, what is with all these people making threads saying, "ill post pics later?" its like a girl saying, "oh im gonna make this a night you'll never forget," then being like, "wait, i just want to hold you tonight."

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
actually.. for a first mod.. you chose a relatively easy one. You're going to do it yourself, right?

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
sweet bro, first mods are always good. but goddamn, what is with all these people making threads saying, "ill post pics later?" its like a girl saying, "oh im gonna make this a night you'll never forget," then being like, "wait, i just want to hold you tonight."
i have pics of my car with just the rims. you can look for a thread called "My plain ole EM2" or go to www.myspace.com/DMunny and go to view more pics. I got one pic on there. What I'm talking about is pics after the drop and exhaust is on.

as for what joe said, i'm going to have a muffler shop hang the exhaust and my friend Chris is going to assist me with putting on the springs.

later kids!

:beer:

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joshb_ said:
That exhaust is pure sex the sound is amazing
coo' I bought the exhaust because it was on sale, and i've heard good things about HP products.

Now I really can't wait till it gets here.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
got_sake? said:
i have pics of my car with just the rims. you can look for a thread called "My plain ole EM2" or go to www.myspace.com/DMunny and go to view more pics. I got one pic on there. What I'm talking about is pics after the drop and exhaust is on.

as for what joe said, i'm going to have a muffler shop hang the exhaust and my friend Chris is going to assist me with putting on the springs.

later kids!

dude... exhaust is a simple unbolt the old and bolt on the new kind of job. Springs are atleast 10 times more difficult. Both should be done as a DIY.... but if you're gonna do springs, you might as well do your exhaust to. Oh well, I hope the shop isnt charging you too much.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
dude... exhaust is a simple unbolt the old and bolt on the new kind of job. Springs are atleast 10 times more difficult. Both should be done as a DIY.... but if you're gonna do springs, you might as well do your exhaust to. Oh well, I hope the shop isnt charging you too much.
Personally, I don't have any tools to speak of. The only thing I've ever actaully done on a car is change my air filter, change my oil, and changed tires. I need to be supervised. I'm not a very mechanically enclined person. But if my exhaust gets here before I have a chance to go down to Chris' I might ask him if he'd like to help me tackle that also. Don't get me wrong, I want to learn. I've even toyed with the idea, once my car is paid off of going back to school and taking automotive corses. Anyway, thx for the encouragement. I can tell you're a hardcore DIY guy and I'd love to say I've done work to the car and not just paid someone.

Oh, yeah. I was poking around on one of CC's sponsor's sights and found a Dark Force SRI for 57 dollars, free shipping. I couldn't pass it up. I've been looking for an inexpensive intake, because hopefully in the long run all my intake plumbing will be replaced with turbo piping. I should be able to do that one on my own. Anyhow.....later fella's

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
exhaust just got here........=) :woot: i'm a happy man!

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The exhaust is on....I didn't want to wait so I paid to have it put on. Sounds great.

Intake came in yesterday and I put that on with a buddy from work's help in our car audio install bay. Took about 30 minutes. There were a few snags. The intake (Dark Force) didn't come with any instructions and was missing one clamp. Had to ghetto rig a stock one. The gromet that fits around the throtlebody was too loose so we used a stock piece of the airbox to make it fit right. But once it was in it looks great. For 57 dollars shipped I got what I paid for. I do have to say the filter is pretty nice. Came pre-oiled...I just expected some cheep filter. It sucks pretty hard...I could feel the difference when I got on the road. The ride is starting to sound pretty mean.

Again, I will get some pics up. I don't own a digital camera yet so I have to buy disposables and have them developed and put on disk. I almost want to wait until i get the lowering springs on before I do another photo shoot.

exmashin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, well theres a difference between sound mean and actually being mean, em2's are only mean w/ a turbo and head work or a k-series swap ahah

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Going-West said:
its like a girl saying, "oh im gonna make this a night you'll never forget," then being like, "wait, i just want to hold you tonight."
i have heard that quite a few times :???:

924deg

5+ Year Member
got_sake? said:
. I've been looking for an inexpensive intake, because hopefully in the long run all my intake plumbing will be replaced with turbo piping. I should be able to do that one on my own. Anyhow.....later fella's

you are going to go somewhere to get your exhaust installed,but you think you can install the turbo yourself?really i'm not trying to sound like an ass, but degree of difficulty comparatively is like night and day. do the exhaust yourself. get your feet wet.

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
924deg said:
you are going to go somewhere to get your exhaust installed,but you think you can install the turbo yourself?really i'm not trying to sound like an ass, but degree of difficulty comparatively is like night and day. do the exhaust yourself. get your feet wet.

i have 2 agree when mods with your car get to know your car by getting in there and doin it your self so that way you know whats been done you can be more aware of any problems come about . youll quickly know what it can be by you knowing because you did the work your self i know when i get me turbo for my em2 ima install it all myself then have a close friend do the tuning on it who knows his stuff about tuning.

so yea man get ur feet wet.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
924deg said:
i was refering to instaling the cheap intake.....not the turbo. I'm still not 100% on doing a turbo now that crower has a cam for the D17A2.

Matter of fact the intake is installed, sounds nice at higher RPM's. I did have a buddy from work help me in the parking lot. Took us 30 minutes. I was a little disapointed with it because we needed addtional hardware. We had to reuse some stuff of the OEM Airbox to make the SRI fit properly.

intake
[/URL][/IMG]

exhaust(yes those are gouges and dents. i got rearendend a week after the exhaust was put on. But luckily it wasn't my fault and the exhaust was unharmed. =) )

[/URL][/IMG]

Thlef18

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice

Now that you have an exhaust heres a list of mods for you to get next.

Feul injectors,
Spark plugs,

stronger clutch

turbo kit =)