Soft Ding light reminder???

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
So i hate when i open my door and I am blasted with the lights on reminder..BIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG...
Its so dang annoying, which is the point i guess, but on new cars you don't have that, they just have a nice little, bing......bing...bing.....like a sonar ping, much softer but still gets you attention. so i was looking online and i haven't found anything yet, but Im sure there has to be a way to change this over.

THE PROBLEM
The way the current method work(this is for older civics, I'm sure the new ones have the new sound) anyways, the way it works is the same as your dome light, except with one extra switch, when you turn on your lights, it activates a switch, when you open your door, it activates another switch, when both are open a constant current goes to the buzzer. well this creates a constant buzz, not very attractive.

SOLUTION??
So i was looking at some leds the other day (surprised?? lol) and there is this wonderful little thing called a 555 timer. it basically takes a constant current and makes the led flick on and off. well thats exactly what i want, so im going to look into this, and who knows, maybe there is a buzzer with this ability already built in...we will see.

anyways if anyone has suggestions or knows how to do this give me a shout thanks.

xWIREMANx

A 555 CMOS timer can be used for many things. It can be used to make a pulsating output like you have described. You can even adjust how fast the pulse is by the capacitor and resistor in the circuit. This would be used to trigger a transistor that would trigger a relay that wuld trigger your buzzer or whatever you wanted triggered.