SOHC Complete Vtec Head

Essasin

Dock's Garage/TCustoms
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just wondering if 175$ is a good price for the complete head...and before I buy it what all should a "complete" head come with so I know what to check for..thanks guys :D

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A COMPLETE head includes: the head itself, the camshaft, the valvetrain (valves, valve springs, retainers, ect), the intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail, fuel injectors, distributor, and cam gear. I think thats about it. And $175 isnt too bad for a price, assuming it includes the WHOLE head.

bunbohue

5+ Year Member
i don't know much about engine stuff but what are the details of a vtec head? adds on more hp?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bunbohue said:
i don't know much about engine stuff but what are the details of a vtec head? adds on more hp?
A Vtec head does add more HP. On a single overhead cam, it only adds like 30 or so HP, IF that. All it is, is variable vavle timing. Google "Vtec" and you'll find out how it works. Its all really simple. but Im not going to go in depth with it.

Essasin

Dock's Garage/TCustoms
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EJ6Civic27 said:
A Vtec head does add more HP. On a single overhead cam, it only adds like 30 or so HP, IF that. All it is, is variable vavle timing. Google "Vtec" and you'll find out how it works. Its all really simple. but Im not going to go in depth with it.
Well said...but even that 20HP will be astounding to me on my DX lol...

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't you have to do some oil line modification if you put a VTEC head on a non-VTEC motor?

Essasin

Dock's Garage/TCustoms
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Still waiting for a response from the guy but best I can tell it does NOT come with:

Intake Mani
Throttlebody
Fuel Injectors/Rail
Distributor

So I dunno if 175 is still a decent price...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Redbone said:
don't you have to do some oil line modification if you put a VTEC head on a non-VTEC motor?
no not on SOHC, just take the oil sqiruter out of the non vtec block before you put the vtec head on.