sohc vtec

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnyek

5+ Year Member
im lookin for a good sohc vtec motor...im rele lookin for a y8 complete but i didnt know if a d15b will swap into my hatch or not if not do any of you guys kno where i can get a y8?or should i jus try and build my y7 ive already beatin vtec civics in it..lol its funny wen i hear them crack vtec and i dont and im still pullin away i love havin a light ass hatch lol

Vertigo97

5+ Year Member
im lookin for a good sohc vtec motor...im rele lookin for a y8 complete but i didnt know if a d15b will swap into my hatch or not if not do any of you guys kno where i can get a y8?or should i jus try and build my y7 ive already beatin vtec civics in it..lol its funny wen i hear them crack vtec and i dont and im still pullin away i love havin a light ass hatch lol
Why do you want a sohc vtec? I'm not like everyone else, going to tell you you're an idiot because of it, but is there a solid reason why you'd want to build a sohc, instead of a dohc? You'll make more power, with less money, after you have the dohc engine. A d16y8 is very cheap, hell you could blow it up, and put another one in, with a weekend and about a grand, maybe less.
You can check www.hmotorsonline.com for motors. They're full swaps, and they have excellent service.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vtec is f**king pointless unless it has an i in fromt of it.....

cksnah252

Mr.Spades4o1
5+ Year Member
vtec is f**king pointless unless it has an i in fromt of it.....
If he wants reliability, i think he should go with a b16 or b18. i-vtec is good but i heard that it cannot take as much of a beating as a b-series. Correct me if im wrong.

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The man said he was interested in a single-v. The jdm d15b is the best of all d series vtec motors in my honest opinion. higher compression pistons and a better crank stroke ratio make it superior. It likes revving higher then a d16z6 or a d16y8 because of its better crank stroke ratio. The d15b has a slightly more aggressive camshaft then a d16z6 (not sure about y8). In all honesty id get a d15b or a d16z6, ive heard rumors that y8's like to spin bearings (not sure what truth is in that rumor).

Status
Not open for further replies.