some goodies for me

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
Got a few updates,
Make sure you're tuners heart is in the game. I don't know what my former tuner was doing or if he just flat out didn't like me but, its all in the tune as you can see. I had my car back and forth to my former tuner like 6 times and he couldn't squeeze more than 281whp out of the car, or he said. i have changed nothing on my set-up between tuners. what it came down to was a few degrees on the exhaust cam gear and setting the intake cam due to extensive head milling. The head milling was a known factor to my former tuner and i had suggested cam adjustment to him. I think that this suggestion might have made him feel like i was questioning his knowledge base or something. As you can see i recently made just over 400whp on 17psi from a precision sc6262. This made me feel like like my former tuner was just being lazy. Idk, let me know if anyone agrees. I dont have the video for the 402hp run, but here is two videos approaching the 400hp mark and a dyno sheet picture. As i am fairly new to hondas it still surprises what these little motors can do! enjoy:-)

The blue line is my very first pull on the tune from kansas, the red line is the most recent from my new shop here in tampa. his computer wouldn't overlay the torque for some reason, sorry. just a little difference, ya think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-F3bH9jb4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAx4XMsF33Q

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
400hp.. very impressive, I managed to lay down very similar numbers on my build thread as well! It sure is all in the tuner, that's why I pay at least $500 to get my car tuned and ALWAYS go back to the same tuner. I deal with Evans Tuning and have NEVER once had any problem with them!

Not sure where you're located in florida but maybe you should check out Central Florida Turbo for tuning ... http://tunedbycft.com/

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
as so many before me, i have learned that, yes, it is all in the tune. it just gets my underoos in a bunch that my former tuner would be such a lazy ass, hes the only one i went to. live and learned that some people just don't give a sh@t, no matter what they say. and ya CFT is like an hour north, and i have found my current tuner so im happy.

Here is one of his current projects, and this is one reason why i like him. he doesn't give a F&CK what KIND of car it is, he just just wants to put his best into it and make it go as fast as physically possible

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/proven-power/740622-2011-corvette-grand-sport-proven-power-76mm-custom-turbo-kit.html

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
Thank you guys for the kind words. its probly gonna be 3-5 weeks before the fabrication for the manifold can get done. I go to one guy and him only for metal work. thanks again!!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow! who was your original tuner? they screwed you hard... glad to see you got it tuned by someone who knows whats up.

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
wow! who was your original tuner? they screwed you hard... glad to see you got it tuned by someone who knows whats up.
Ya my current tuner and I are pretty much at a loss to what he was doing . there were a bunch of timing settings that were so off that it couldn't be an accident. so idk, i'm just glad my motor isn't hurt. I looked inside it with a borascope, that was cool s**t! But ya i'm happy now and thanks for viewing.

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
Well CC, haven't posted in a long time, but i've been busy with my build and making steady power gains! my run on the dyno was at 19psi on pump gas, 8500 rev limit.
My tuners pick-up for the torque read out was busted, so no torque readings. i think its in the 320ft lb range, Also, in the video i was on all-season street tires and he was on E/T streets, so i don't feel too bad about losing by a fender at the end of the run. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmBPgCxPBZM

emerican

Registered VIP
Just sat down and read the whole thread for the first time very nice car and build sir.
Sorry you had a bad tuner in the first part, but at least no damage to motor and you have a real guy now

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
^^ thanks man, its been a hell of a journey thats for damn sure. And yes, I'm very pleased with my current tuner, he's a very good person and has done nothing but good by me.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im jealous. great build! cant wait to start building a motor

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
Thank you, and all you have to be jelous of is an empty wallet;-) lol. What are you going to build when you're time comes up?

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sheezus i aswell have just now read the whole thread and boy do i envy your car!!

this is really turning me into building an ls/v but im still not decided if hat or a b18c1 but great stuff man!!

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
^^ thanks, and a ls/v can be very fun, but they also can be very temperamental. make sure all you're parts are of quality and pay attention to the details, i slacked a few times with little crap and it bit me in the ass. GL with what ever you decide to do.