Some help asap

Iakona

RaleighBoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay so im trying to put new headlights and a grille in... but i cant seem to remove the grille... the two clips on both sides wont come off and i cant seem to unclip the bottom ones either... suggestions?

Iakona

RaleighBoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lil help

Alpha.kx

5+ Year Member
You have to take off the entire front bumper to get the grill out. The area of the front bumper that holds the grill in place can be removed once you turn the bumper upside down once it's taken off. There are a series of screws that hold the grill in place.

The bolts to take off the front bumper are located ontop of the front bumper inside the engine bay, one inside both front wheel wells, and a few underneath the car. They are all 8mm and 10mm size. It's easy to come off! There are plenty of DIY guides on how to do this if you are still confused.

Did you buy one or are you doing a DIY?

ryanM

unclip the 5 pop clips or whatever from the top of the grill

unclip the 2 bumper clips on either side of the grill

unbolt the bumper on both sides in the fender well.

unscrew any plasic shrouding you have under the bumper (if you still have this)

then the bumper and grill should come off as one piece

then you can unclip the bumper from the bottom side and whatever else you need to do...

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ahh, thx for the info.. ordered a replacement grille and now i know how to install it.

Iakona

RaleighBoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
niiice, that was my problem i had to take the bumper COMPLETELY off. Thanks guys, and no i got some cheap blacked out ones from ebay from a guy used, they do the trick but the fit isnt 100%. Its a nice new look tho.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ahh Grasshopper! You get what you pay for!
Confusious say: He who go to bed with itchy a*****e, wake up with smelly finger!