Somebody Clear This Rumor Up 4 Me...

JDM Juice

Is JDM Juice real?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
60-70mm is aprox. 2.358-2.751in (like the GReddy Evo)
45-60mm is approx. 1.7685-2.358in (like the Apex'i WS if I'm correct)

As stated earlier, most turbo cars run 3" aftermarket catback exhaust piping (friend has Invidia exhaust on his WRX with the slanted pipe exit and everything, very nice). Like anekin007 said, get a header upgrade as well to really feel the results.

As far as your exhaust getting loud or being loud... over time the exhaust will become louder as the packing/insulation in the muffler wears over time that plus it helps to have a 5sp. and not an Automatic slush-box to hear the exhaust more. A girl I know doesn't like her exhaust (GReddy Evo) because she feels it isn't loud enough, but she's got an automatic plus the exhaust is brand new (put it on not even a month ago) so...

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm so it does get louder as the time goes... somebody told me that but i thought it was bs... yea anyway i would get the headers but i'm going with the turbo setup so my next buy is going to be my clutch so... thanks anyway

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since your going turbo, get the termal turbo exhaust.

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no i don't want that one i'd rather have greddy i'm going all greddy i want to stick to one brand i don't know what i know this is the stupidest thing but its just in my head that for example if you have greddy turbo and like greddy exhaust sense there both made from the same place they will work better together then say greddy turbo and apex n1 exhaust... just the way i think wether it is true or not

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also i don't like the way the thermal exhaust is angled like that

civic1582

CCSC #86
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you're running NA then yes, you want to stick with a smaller pipe. Reason being is b/c anything too large and you will lose backpressure which is one of the key ingredients for power. As far as an exhaust that might cause you to lose some low end but gain high end, I wouldn't really think that would be the best idea because, I don't know about yours, but my civic came stock with more high end than low. I would really love some low end for things like passing without having to put more strain on my engine by downshifting to get around. I'm running 2.25" piping with a coffee can muffler (need to get rid of it, too loud) with a 3" tip. Runs great, IMO the best size for NA.

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
greddy evo is near 2.25 i'm guess 2.3-2.5 so i should be alright me personally like low end power but i like top end power better.... just because when your racing your always at high rpms

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know this may sound gay and somebody might totally disagree with me but i like how honda's or most honda's get beat off the line then they zoom at high rpms... i love watching races where the muscle cars beat hondas off the line and they think they got em' but then the honda fly's by them

ekhatch-r

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vtecbaby82 said:
Dude you sound like you really want that exhaust. Don't get stuck on just one, there's a s**t load for your car. I have an APEXi N1 on my car and I love it. Not to loud at low RPM but It's addicting hearing it at 6800 RPM. Tanabe Racing Medallion is a nice exhaust, it'd just way to loud. Shop around
I love Tanabe sound, my friend had on his 2G integra with a B16 sounds great.