Something odd happened....

c0ld29

5+ Year Member
(sorry for the life story...)

I put on my springs today and a few minutes ago (at night) it was dark and all of a sudden in the middle of the road was a jack, Now the speed limit was 50 so I hit it at at least 50. Luckily it was a jack that had wheels on it and it was standing upright so it rolled with my car and then flew out form under it. I pulled off into a burgerking to see if there was any damage and couldnt find any, but noticed a truck came from the other way and stopped in the middle of the road, got the jack, then took off. I noticed a few minutes later that when I put the car in between first and second gear, while still in neutral (i have a standard) it seems like its hitting something softly, it will go in the gears but it still felt different then normal. Maybe I was just being paranoid at hitting a jack 50 mph but I was wondering on your guys take. I'm thinking the jack luckily hit the scratch shield behind the bumper and not anything else. I'm getting my car aligned by a shop tomorrow so I'll ask them to check it out but I was wondering if anyone had some input on what it might have hit if anything to cause that, or if im just paranoid.

rx2nr

5+ Year Member
shift linkage bent? shifter bushings deformed?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would have followed that f**ker and beat him down with my bat

c0ld29

5+ Year Member
trust me i wanted to but i was on the passenger side of my car on the ground when i saw him get out and take off, slim chance i would of caught him

plus i didnt know if my car was even drivable at the moment...

Last edited:

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very

very

very

random....

a jack....in the middle of the road....wow...

i'm surprised that s**t didnt just get stuck under you...must not have lowered your car all that much....

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
definitly check at the shop tomorrow. the shift linkage is the only think i could think of that would have a problem. its also the only thing exposed under your car besides the exhaust piping, the cat and the motor but freaky things HAVE happened.

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could have possibly cracked your trans case but the linkage is more than likely not bent unless the jack went completely under your car and somehow lodged itself under your trans then rapidly let itself down and flew out from under your car. the linkage doesnt hang down. the exhaust is lower than your shift linkage. now you could have possibly have bent your exhaust up a little bit and that could be rubbing or bumpiung your linkage. but i seriously doubt you bent your shift linkage at all. that would have had to of been one hell of a jack but then your car would not be driveable. and you more than likely would have busted the transmission case and your radiator. good luck at the alignment shop tommorrow.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i woulda passed out if i thought i ran over a jack...gosh...i go crazy when there's a stuffed doll in the middlle of the road....

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hell, i thought hitting a chunk of concrete in the middle of the road at 20 and cracking my oil pan was bad.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, thats crazy. almost like it was planned :shock:

c0ld29

5+ Year Member
yeah im waiting to see my car on some vido online but ill be getting my car back in a few hours