Sorry guys...I sold my Si!

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
Like I said, I was not trying to insult you. And I hope you didnt take offense. If you have already done your homework, great. One of the major differences between the two is the tune, they tuned it down for the Camaro/Firebird. 350 at the crank can be had EASILY with headers and exhaust.

FAR slower than an RX7 with an LS1 would be.
No offense taken. There is also the GTO which I forget how much it makes, I think it is more than the vette (might be an LS3). Also I will have to get custom headers and intake just to make it fit.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The GTO came with both an LS1 and an LS2 in the later models. C5 Corvette had an LS1, C6 started with LS2 and switched over to LS3 in 2008. New Camaro also has the LS3 in it. A basic LS1 is fine to start out with, as most of the parts are interchangeable and pretty easy to come by.

I don't know if this will be your only form of transportation, but the LS series engines get GREAT gas mileage for their size and power. If I lived a little further down south where snow wasn't an issue, I would DEFINITELY be daily driving an LS1 Camaro/Firebird instead of my Civic.

Last edited:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pick up an L33 (2005-07 extended cab 1500s) for an all-aluminum 5.3 version for cheap.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont know him, so how do know it will not happen

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
The GTO came with both an LS1 and an LS2 in the later models. C5 Corvette had an LS1, C6 started with LS2 and switched over to LS3 in 2008. New Camaro also has the LS3 in it. A basic LS1 is fine to start out with, as most of the parts are interchangeable and pretty easy to come by.

I don't know if this will be your only form of transportation, but the LS series engines get GREAT gas mileage for their size and power. If I lived a little further down south where snow wasn't an issue, I would DEFINITELY be daily driving an LS1 Camaro/Firebird instead of my Civic.
I see that you are in NJ also. It does suck to drive RWD up here. That's why I have a 4x4 Dodge Ram also. I don't even ride my crotch rocket on the streets anymore. The weather beats up the roads too much. Too many pot holes round here.

Basically I have other modes of transportation. Plus I am moving back to Cali in 18 months. It will be a lot more fun to drive it out there!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Oh snap I didn't even see that you were in NJ. Yea driving a RWD car in the snow just wouldn't work for me. Plus I will still be paying off my Civic for another couple years. Hopefully I will be able to pick up a fun car by next summer, but I'm not counting on it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend had a gto with one of the packages you could get. i cant remember which, but from factory was like 400 or 450 i think

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
Oh snap I didn't even see that you were in NJ. Yea driving a RWD car in the snow just wouldn't work for me. Plus I will still be paying off my Civic for another couple years. Hopefully I will be able to pick up a fun car by next summer, but I'm not counting on it.
I suggest a crotch rocket. They are really the most bang for your buck when it comes to speed or fun (synonymous to me). But I would keep it at the track. NJ is just not very biker friendly state.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i suggest you give me yours since i cant afford one

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok. give ya 40 bucks...cash lol anything else im going to need a loan. its all i got

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i cant ride that though, and its not very quick. but ok. fine. ill give ya $30 and a case. last offer lol

the ram stock?

Mad Dog Tannen

Registered VIP
Yup. I have only been driving it for a couple of weeks.

Here's what I am going to do to it very soon...
Full 100k tune up
Full exaust
Underdrive pulley
CAI
grinding and polishing the TB
Widening the wheels to 10" and getting 35's
Undercoating for the salted Northern roads
Sanding and painting
New PS box

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice. i grew up in a dodge family. uncles shop foreman at a dealership

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I suggest a crotch rocket. They are really the most bang for your buck when it comes to speed or fun (synonymous to me). But I would keep it at the track. NJ is just not very biker friendly state.
No thank you. I think a motorcycle would probably be fun, but it just wouldn't be for me. I have absolutely no experience riding anything with a motor and two wheels. Believe me, I have tossed that idea around quite a few times, but I just don't think it's a wise idea for me. I haven't decided if I want to go muscle car (LS1 Camaro/Firebird)....an older sporty car such as a Miata, RX7, 280z, MR2......I just can't decide.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I see how to get both. ls motor in an rx7. combine two worlds in one