sounds riceyy!! =/

mikey1714

5+ Year Member
O0ok well I bought a catback exhaust system with headers from ebay.. (yeah I no I shouldn't of but f**k it)..I've had it for over a year n I just don't like the way it sound.. n I recently put a skunk2 test pipe and still sounds bad.. so I was told to by a name brand muffler and just throw it in n it would sound better is that true or do I need to change the whole thing??

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
get rid of the test pipe, that's not going to do anything but make it louder. Get an Apexi WSII axle back or something similar. How big is the piping of the catback you bought?

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get your ebay muffler cut off and weld on a universal WS2 or a twin loop muffler. No need to replace piping really.

mikey1714

5+ Year Member
The piping is 2.5.. n the muffler is 4'' ...

blarue09

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
n1 mufflers will have that loud ricey sound, it will be an improvement from your ebay most likely but if you want a nice sound go for an Apex'i WS (world sport) or WS2 muffler! search on youtube to find what you like the sound of.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I also like the HKS pipe my neighbor has on his car, not loud but sounds nice! not sure what its called but has a dual tip exhaust

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree with the n1.
best exhaust i have ever seen or used..

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
loud means power! lol. JK. If you got a d16 then it would be louder but if you got a b16 then it won't be as loud. My cousin has a Skunk 2 catback exhaust on his RSX type s and that s**t is loud as f**k and it was brand name. lol. If your muffler is small and have a big tip then it will be loud but if your is big is has big tip it want be as loud because the smaller muffler causes more vibration since it is smaller which causes more noise while the bigger muffler is bigger so the vibration spread out so it isn't as loud. That is what I think. My cousin had the HKS Catback Exhaust and it wasn't as loud as his skunk 2 because the hks was way bigger the the skunk 2 but any exhaust will be louder the stock so if you want a really quiet exhaust I recommand HKS Silent.

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
loud means power! lol. JK. If you got a d16 then it would be louder but if you got a b16 then it won't be as loud. My cousin has a Skunk 2 catback exhaust on his RSX type s and that s**t is loud as f**k and it was brand name. lol. If your muffler is small and have a big tip then it will be loud but if your is big is has big tip it want be as loud because the smaller muffler causes more vibration since it is smaller which causes more noise while the bigger muffler is bigger so the vibration spread out so it isn't as loud. That is what I think. My cousin had the HKS Catback Exhaust and it wasn't as loud as his skunk 2 because the hks was way bigger the the skunk 2 but any exhaust will be louder the stock so if you want a really quiet exhaust I recommand HKS Silent.

wtf?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your muffler is small and have a big tip then it will be loud but if your is big is has big tip it want be as loud because the smaller muffler causes more vibration since it is smaller which causes more noise while the bigger muffler is bigger so the vibration spread out so it isn't as loud. That is what I think.
Not true at all. The loudness comes from having fewer chambers and baffles in the muffler itself. Nothing to do with the size. Also doesn't have anything to do with the vibration. Straight pipe exhaust has nothing to block the sound, hence why they are so loud. To make a muffler quiet you need something to block the flow of the sound and dissipate it.

AliGhanizad

5+ Year Member
Sorry if i m wrong, but i like the sound thats like BMMMMMMMMMM and nt that shity trrrrrrrrrrr trrrrr sound.

And i have heard this deep BMMMM sound on HKS mufflers and Skunk2 ones, but i m not sure which one.

And lol abt the bmmm ad trrr sound, i m a noob

justinfetalvero

HatchOwned
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a Apexi N1 full exhaust and i love it. It does get raspy though when you really step on it. But sounds really nice! cant wait til i get my header =)

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so instead of investing in a completely new cat back exhaust, just get a universal weld-on muffler and have a muffler shop install it like fwdpower said