Spare tire subwoofer help

earlybill1

Would anyone have a link for this or pics I want to do it myself just need sent in rite direction thanks

Droidx,97CIVIC

DMaldonado93

what exactly were u planning on doing? putting a sub in the spare tire location?

earlybill1

Yea that's my plans I wanna try myself I've seen really over the top ones on TV but I just wanna try two 10s or a 12 but wanna have it covered with some kinda glass so it can be seen also I don't wanna have to worry bout putting stuff in my trunk an hurting it

Droidx,97CIVIC

DMaldonado93

good luck with that! that seems like a whole lot of work for something that wouldnt be worth it IMO

6thGeneration

I feel if you were going to do that then you would have to forget about using your trunk at all. Mailny for two reasons. The sound quailty would be pretty bad because it would be burried in stuff and covered with a piece of glass which would be hard to insolate as well and then on top of that I believe, in order to make it clean you'd have to do some kind of work in the compartment to add insolation and padding so its not dirrectly on metal... Also you wouldn't have a spare tire so I guess you could crank your base up while you're waiting for a tow truck to take you home when your tire pops unexpectedly.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow you were talked out of that one quick.

DMaldonado93

i think if u want two 12 u should just do a stealth box that will not take up much trunk space at all. And if you want to make it look better make it a fiberglass box. if u do a little bit of research u can do its not too difficult