Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no they are saying everytime you change the oil change the plugs too. but

no need for this.

Factory hondas come with an NGK Platinum plug. they will go for 100K miles before a change. most people change them earlier when they notice the fuel mileage start to drop off. for folks like us... who most of us didnt buy our honda new... or havent accrued 100K of mileage on our new honda.... think changing the plugs helps alot... this may be depending on your driving style.

but. remember... the civic was built as a commuter car. this was its intention from the get go. it was never built to be a race car or to get a motor swap or a turbo or whatever.

so... that being said. majority of the civic owners who actually use the car for gas savings... wont change the plugs untill the scheduled maintenance for them.... 100K miles. in which... again. using the NGK platinum... the car will go to 200K miles without having plugs changed again.

if you have just bought your car used. no matter how many miles are on it... you should do a full maintenance work up on it anyway. new plugs, new oil, new headlight bulbs, maybe new belts?

if it were me... this is what id be doing. regaurdless of mileage.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NGK IRIDS here pulse plugs are the worst plugs you can put in a honda id rather get bosch and there horrible.

autocrosser09

5+ Year Member
I'm hearing one person for pulstar and one say they are bad. you are confusing me... i'm considering pulster plugs. what do you guys think?

CdnCIVICdriver

5+ Year Member
NGK plugs for anything that you put gas into. If your plugs are gone, check your plug wires too. Never hurts to make sure you're getting the best spark that you can get.