Spartan Training

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fly out to salt lake....and TRY to get into Gym Jones :lol: fight club style - youll be waiting on the porch....and when you search, alot of times, youll find the "300 workout" where they tell you to do 25 pullups, 50 deadlifts, 50 yadda yadda yadda -- as if thats the "workout" they did to get that look....

it was 4 months of nonstop training, where they RARELY did the same workout twice.....the "300 workout" was the "test" they all did, to see who could do it the fastest....i think one guy did it in like 11 or 18 minutes, something crazy like that

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can look like that.

Proper diet and a functional workout routine. Emphasis on proper diet.

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm working on mine...I just had wendys today! Plan on getting membership to a gym sometime in the next week. Joe, how about you fly up here and we get a Clubcivic Fitness thing going on since you already do stuff like this.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my kickboxing teacher (girl!) was ripped. she used to be a pro kickboxer and is now a body builder--she wakes up at 4 to work out, teacher classes at a university (exercise classes), teaches classes at a gym, works as a designer (of clothing! she's super cute), runs miles and miles a day, always doing the protein thing....but she is very good about her diet.

BUT on top of all that, when she's gearing up for a competition, that's when she throws down the gauntlets. she pushes herself!

http://www.californianaturalmuscle.org/Andrea_04.jpg

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would NOT want to be kicked by her :lol:

99civicEx908

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
flora said:
my kickboxing teacher (girl!) was ripped. she used to be a pro kickboxer and is now a body builder--she wakes up at 4 to work out, teacher classes at a university (exercise classes), teaches classes at a gym, works as a designer (of clothing! she's super cute), runs miles and miles a day, always doing the protein thing....but she is very good about her diet.

BUT on top of all that, when she's gearing up for a competition, that's when she throws down the gauntlets. she pushes herself!

you hittin that lol

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
flora said:

She looks like a guy I knew in Highschool :lol:

That workout is pretty similar to how you train for grappling. If you watch MOnson vs Silva in the prefight you will see him doing the drill with the huge tire. Wanderli Silva uses that huge tire drill aswell. =)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea, The workout is good for all martial artists really. Nothin wrong with functional strength and protective muscle =o)

If anybody is actually interested in physical training like this (obviously won't be able to get you the mental training), you can find a LOT of information on the health/nutrition and strengthening forums at www.fightingarts.com. That's where I learned quite a bit of what I know.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ that, and lots of full body type stuff....deadlifts, clean&press, etc.....haha, i started doing some deadlifts last week at the gym, and i could tell INSTANTLY i was using muscles i havent used in a looooooooooooong time....haha, my whole lower body was burning the next day :rolf:

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
^ that, and lots of full body type stuff....deadlifts, clean&press, etc.....haha, i started doing some deadlifts last week at the gym, and i could tell INSTANTLY i was using muscles i havent used in a looooooooooooong time....haha, my whole lower body was burning the next day :rolf:
what are dead lifts? sounds familiar =)

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess the easiest/simplest way to describ a deadlift would be kinda like doing squats, only you are holding a long bar in your arms.....you start with your feet spaced out about the same distance as your shoulders....keep your back straight, and bend your knees until the bar gets about lined up with your shins...then straighten your legs out, and follow through by straightening your back.....

wait, this might be better -

Preparation
With feet flat beneath bar, squat down and grasp bar with a shoulder width or slightly wider over hand or mixed grip.

Execution
Lift bar by extending hips and knees to full extension. Pull shoulders back at top of lift if rounded. Return and repeat.

Comments
Target muscle is exercised isometrically. Throughout lift keep hips low, shoulders high, arms and back straight. Keep bar close to body to improve mechanical leverage.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good job on finding the moving graphic. hehe. i know those =) i 've only used 20lbs at the most, tho. ><