Speakers!!

civickid93

5+ Year Member
What speakers would be the best buy for me? Not to expensive but somethin that sounds good and not cheap!
Lemme kno what you think!

arod52388

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pioneers are good i just dont know them by model numbers.

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much are you going to spend in total on your new speakers? are you going to use an amplifier, or just head unit power?

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Depends how much power you will be supplying to the speakers either the head unit or amplifier route. I recommend Pioneer for any setup with only the head unit, which is what I have.

Shaimus

the best
5+ Year Member
you also might want to look into a 4 channel amp and some high/low pass filters to go inline with those speakers.

just because your s**t bumps loud doesnt mean it sounds good.

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
checkout crutchfield.com they have a great way of explaining the many facets of proper speaker selection.

courtney1302

5+ Year Member
i like the infinity myself,but you can not go wrong pioneers,like the man said get a 4 channel amp
the will sound better....oh ya get 4ga amp cable..

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I liked my old MTX's that was running off an amp. Anything straight from headunit will sound like crap. I also like my Focal's that sound bad ass from a headunit, I need to hook them up to an amp and they would be killer. How much you looking to spend? Can't go wrong with Focal's, unless your on a budget.

Jordan_n

No fun unless ur Dragging
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
to be honest, I bought a pair of 5-way pioneer speakers thinking they would sound better, and then I put in their generic one way 40 dollar set, and the cheaper set sounded better.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
legacy speaker sound good and are good for the money, if you are going for head unit power get some with the lowest max power rating so the speakers arent starving for power. pioneers usually go for anywhere from 100 to 150 for a set of two.

Philthy

i have 2 sets of diamond audio 5.25 coaxials brand new... very nice, high end audio speakers... also have some memphos 5.25 components and 6.5 coaxials used a month

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would never recommend Pioneer, and I'm an installer. Unfortunately in car audio, you get what you pay for. Cheap and good just don't go together. To be honest, sound deadening will do you more good than swapping out speakers, that's the correct way to start any install. Purchase a door kit box of dynamat and put all 12 sq. ft. in one door. Save up your paycheck to purchase a second box and deaden the other door. Then eventually change your speakers. Just dropping in speakers is like putting them in a coffee can. Will you notice a difference with just speakers? Of course. Will it be significantly better or worth it? Maybe to the average Joe, but definitely not to someone who knows what to actually listen for. Infinity Reference and Alpine Type S are common choices which would be decent and fit your bill if you just want to drop in a set of speakers and be done. If you purchase unauthorized (online such as woofersetc or ebay) you can get good price. In car audio you put your money up front. There is no need to waste money on a rear channel, those who design systems for sound quality never run a rear channel. To be honest, save your money after the deadening and purchase a good 2 channel amp and a nice set of components. Hell, $200 can get you Alpine Type X Reference and Diamond Audio Hex s600, two sets of speakers which are definitely considered fairly good speakers, definitely better than average.