Speakers

TRAPTwithAcivic

Me.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I recently got a new head unit for my car - Sony CDX-F7700. I have a thing for Sony so of course I was looking at Xplods for the front and rear. The guy at circuit city said infinity would have the best sound but they're a little too expensive for me so he reccommended pioneers. I've heard people say to stay away from sony. so any advice?

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pioneer and Alpine are your best bets... check out eBay to get them cheap...

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't go with Sony.. Pioneers would be better. Infinity References are cheap, dude.. and you can get Alpine components on ebay for less than 150 bucks. =)

But, my complaint, as always, is that if you can't afford speakers... you won't be able to afford the amp to power them. So save up for the amp. =)

TRAPTwithAcivic

Me.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i don't plan on buying the speakers till i can also get the amp. which won't be too long.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well that's cool then. ;) Go for components like Alpine Type Rs or Infinitys... all depends on your price range though.

Yay for eBay. ;)

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, just stay with ebay to save some cash, thats where I got my Type-R Alpine sub

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In general,
Most of Sony ICE sucks.
Stay away from them.

Save more and buy infinity subs.
It will be worth it.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Pioneer all the way...I have replaced all the stock audio componets car with Pioneer...

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HHMMMMMM, all this knockin of sony makes me wonder if i should drop all my sony ICE?? hhhhmmmmmm

1loudex

Team Redline
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not a big fan of sony either...at least not there speakers..their head units are aight but their speakers suck....im a big fan of digital audio...they are made by audio bahn and they are fairly cheap and they sound great...i had two digital audio 12's...which were 100 bucks a piece and i hit 150 db with them

Last edited:

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Audiobahn and Sony are in the same boat, imo... but ^^you're talking woofers anyways, not mids and highs.

1loudex

Team Redline
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh...i thought we were talkin bout subs...my bad
well i love audiobahn and digital audio bahn everything :\..but thats just me
i dont think that audiobahn and sony even compare

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have type-s 6.5 in the front cuz the type-r's are to deep to fit, then I got the type-r 6x9 in the back...

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All you have to do it some modification to get the Type Rs to fit. But I have 5.25s, not 6.5s. =)

skatistic888

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like sonys personally...dats all depends imo..im from eu and in europe sonys, pioneers and alpines are 'supposedly' the best..there are hell of a lot more chances here in the US..im buying for my father so i bought him sony..except the front is pioneer, i couldnt find 4" by 6" sonys.. =)

buy whatever u like imo..