Speedometer Delay

zacki

Respected
Running on highway then the needle of my speedometer goes up and suddenly go back to zero, so i decided to check the speedsensor, luckily it is work, so I change the socket , and the speedometer work, the problem now is I can see delay on the reaction on the speed, been moving with approximately 10mph but it doesn't goes up until it reach a certain speed then the speedometer works.

Any idea?

Last edited:

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Could very well be the speedometer itself. They tend to fail too. How did you check the sensor and what socket did you change?

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Did you recently change your wheels to aftermarket ones? This doesn't sound like your problem, but different diameter wheels will make your speedometer be off by a good amount depending on the difference.

zacki

Respected
Could very well be the speedometer itself. They tend to fail too. How did you check the sensor and what socket did you change?
At first, I tried another speedsensor which I pulled-out on the same motor, but speedometer didn't also move, then I tried to install my speedometer to another car with same motor, the speedometer moves, that's the time i replace the socket (connector) of the sensor, and it works! however, the reaction is delay.

but for the updates, the speedometer now runs normally without delay, I wondered what happens hahaha....does the speedsensor calibrate itself until it stabilize on normal operation?....anyways, Im all good now, back to normal =)

zacki

Respected
Did you recently change your wheels to aftermarket ones? This doesn't sound like your problem, but different diameter wheels will make your speedometer be off by a good amount depending on the difference.
I'm using same wheels mate =)

but for the updates, the speedometer now runs normally without delay, I wondered what happens hahaha....does the speedsensor calibrate itself until it stabilize on normal operation?....anyways, Im all good now, back to normal =)